Ammo created through years of research into Wyvern's Fire.
Wyvern Ammo is an Ammo type of Item in Monster Hunter World (MHW).
When fired from a Bowgun, Wyvern Ammo releases a wide, short-range explosion and a narrow, minor explosion at the end of the barrel after a chargeup period. Only Heavy Bowguns can make use of Wyvern Ammo.
Wyvern Ammo has the following general properties:
- Requires a chargeup period before firing, during which the hunter is stationary.
- Causes a unique recoil effect which is unaffected by Bowgun Customizations.
- Reload time is always "very slow", but can sometimes be shortened with Bowgun Customizations.
- Optimal firing range is very short, stretching from point blank to about three paces away.
- Damage of each explosion is affected by the Player's Attack Power and the Artillery Skill.
- Damage is not affected by recoil, Bowgun Deviation, Affinity (critical hits,) travel distance or body part multipliers.
In calculating the damage of each explosion, the Combo Move multiplier for Wyvern Ammo is 70 for the greater explosion and 16 for the lesser one; and the Damage Type is True.
How to Acquire Wyvern Ammo
This item can be obtained by Crafting.
Crafting Wyvern Ammo
|Category||Recipe||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2|
|Ammo/Coatings||Wyvern Ammo||Dragonstrike Nut||N/A|