Great Sushifish Scale
Great Sushifish Scale is a consumable Item in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Scales from many different fish can be gathered in the field and brought along on hunts to serve a variety of purposes.
Scale from a Great Sushifish. Eat to get large health boost, a natural healing boost, and treat bleeding.
Great Sushifish Scales can be consumed from the Item Bar while in the field to restore 100 Health, cure the Bleeding Status Effect, and gain the Natural Recovery Up Status Effect (the same status effect the Immunizer gives) for two minutes. They also fully restore Stamina, but do not increase Stamina capacity.
Using a Great Sushifish Scale will not overwrite the Natural Recovery Up buff duration if you used an Immunizer first (which gives the buff for 5 minutes) as long as it still has at least 2 minutes left, otherwise it will refresh the buff duration up to 2 minutes.
Because they can be consumed quickly, they are an effective method for recovery during intense combat. There also exists a less potent but more common Sushifish Scale, which restores 50 Health and cures bleeding, but does not grant Natural Recovery Up.
See Loadouts for information on configuring Item storage and use.
How to Acquire Sushifish Scale
This Item can be obtained by fishing for Great Sushifish out in the field. To do this, simply use the Fishing Rod at a body of water where fish are located. Baitbugs may be necessary to catch some kinds of fish.
Notes About Recovery Items
- Potions heal for 35 Health and take four seconds to drink
- Mega Potions take four seconds to drink and heal 70 Health
- Max Potions and Ancient Potions heal for the entire Health pool and take roughly one second to activate
- Sushifish Scales heal for 50 Health and take roughly one second to activate
- Astera Jerky will heal all recoverable (red/yellow) Health and takes roughly one second to activate.
- The consumption time of all consumable Items can be decreased with the Speed Eating Skill
- Effectiveness of all Health recovery Items can be increased with the Recovery Up Skill
- Effect of many Items can be extended to Allies with the Wide-Range Skill