- Triggering the effect requires buildup inflicted by:
Weapons that wield Blast damage or Bow Blast Coating.
Buildup damage is modified by a Monsters resistance to Blast.
- When Blast is triggered, an explosion will occur at the nearest unbroken Monster Body Part, dealing 120 Parts Damage to all Parts in a small radius.
- Buildup effect is identifiable by crackling orange sparks at the point of impact.
- Each successive trigger of Blast requires more buildup than the last, but the effect damage remains the same.
On the Player and Allies
- Hunters inflicted with Blastblight will have crackling orange sparks appear on their person, which will erupt in a damaging explosion after a short time or if a hard enough impact is recieved. The explosion can affect nearby allies.
- The effect can be recognized by this symbol: on the HUD
- Can be cured with a Nulberry or by dodge-rolling up to three times.
Monsters and Blastblight
The following Monsters cause Blastblight
The following Monsters are weak to Blast Damage from Weapons
The following Monsters are resistant to Blast Damage from Weapons
- Pink Rathian
- Azure Rathalos
- Kulve Taroth
- Ancient Leshen
The following Monsters are immune to Blast Damage from Weapons
Equipment that Wields Blast Damage