Zorah Magdaros is an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ゾラ・マグダラオス (熔山龍) in Japanese.
An elder dragon that rises from the earth like a volcano. Where it's headed, and why, the Research Commission has yet to figure out.
Zorah Magdaros Details & Locations
- Found in quest only (the monster is a location)
- Target of Quest: Left Quite the Impression, A Colossal Task, One for the History Books, Undying Alpenglow(Event arch-temepered)
- Is immediately hostile at the start of the quest, but it doesn't attack the hunter directly.
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Small Monsters version: n/a
- Sizes: 25764.59 ~ 25764.59
- Species: Elder Dragon
- Health:12000, 24000 (Multiplayer), 60000 (Arch-Tempered), 120000 (Arch-Tempered in Multiplayer)
Zorah Magdaros Combat Info
- Deals Fire damage and is resistant to Fire
- Weak to Dragon and Water
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head, Chest, Left Foreleg, Right Foreleg, Left Weak Shell, Right Weak Shell
- Orange: Body, Shell
- White: Left Hindleg, Right Hindleg, Tail, Exhaust Organ (Crater), Exhaust Organ (Head), Exhaust Organ (Central), Exhaust Organ (Rear)
- Weakpoints on head and chest area. Three Magmacores on body, one on head.
- Not susceptible to any ailment attack (Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, Blast or Stun)
- Normal attacks can't make dents in its mountain-like shell. Utilize larger weapons such as cannons and ballistae, or directly attack the "Magmacore" heat organs that are exposed in parts of its outer shell.
Zorah Magdaros Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Zorah Magdaros High Rank Rewards
Defeating this monster allows the player to obtain the following items:
Zorah Magdaros Carves
Zorah Magdaros Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Zorah Magdaros Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- Advised to attack core in "volcano" area first to trigger early stalactite traps with slinger, (climb to highest point on shell).
- Camouflage works until ?? range
- Dragonvein Crystal can be mined off its back.
- Zorah Magdaros is known as the "Scorching Mountain Dragon"
- It is the only monster immune to all status ailments and is also the only monster immune to the Blast ailment.
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre