Yian Garuga is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). イャンガルルガ (Iyangaruruga) in Japanese.
A short-tempered bird wyvern marked by its hard, black scales and impressive mane. It strikes with its distinctive beak."
Yian Garuga Details & Locations
- Found in: Guiding Lands
- Target of Quests: Return of The Crazy One, Special Arena: MR Yian Garuga
- Is hostile on sight.
- Has Turf Wars with: Rajang, Zinogre, Stygian Zinogre.
- Size: 819.52 ~ 1708.48
- Species: Bird Wyverns.
- HP: ~22,050(Solo), ~37,674(Duo), ~56,227(3 or 4 players)
Yian Garuga Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head/Neck
- Orange: Body/Tail
- White: Legs/Wings
- Enraged mode: ??
- It's wings are extremely tough and make most weapons bounce, tenderize them if you want to break them.
- It becomes immune to Pitfall Traps and destroys them when enraged.
- Slow it by breaking body parts or baiting out its stamina-intensive beak attacks.
- Both it's head and ears are breakable, so don't stop attacking it's head area until you see two parts broken, if
you need those materials.
Yian Garuga Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
Detailed weakness information(Legend Explanation: here)
Credits to AsteriskAmpersand, Deathcream and MoonBunnie.
Yian Garuga Master Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Yian Garuga Carves
|Garuga Shard (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||32% (25%)|
|Garuga Silverpelt (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐||19% (28%)|
|Garuga Lash (Tail Carved)||⭐⭐||9% (70%)|
|Fey Wyvern Gem (Tail Carved)||⭐||5% (5%)|
Yian Garuga Rewards
|Garuga Shard (Break Beak)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||32% (35%)|
|Garuga Cortex (Break Back)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||24% (30%)|
|Garuga Silverpelt (Break Ears/Back)||⭐⭐⭐||19% (30% / 70%)|
|Fancy Beak (Break Head)||⭐⭐⭐||9% (70%)|
|Garuga Fellwing (Break Wings)||⭐⭐||11% (65%)|
|Garuga Lash (Cut Tail)||⭐⭐||9% (70%)|
|Garuga Auricle (Break Ears)||⭐||5% (70%)|
Yian Garuga Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Yian Garuga Monster. These are unconfirmed and pre-release information for now!
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Black Wolf Bird"
- First introduced in Monster Hunter Freedom
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fatalis ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros