Yian Garuga is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). イャンガルルガ (Iyangaruruga) in Japanese.
A short-tempered bird wyvern marked by its hard, black scales and impressive mane. It strikes with its distinctive beak."
Yian Garuga Details & Locations
- Found in: Guiding Lands
- Target of Quests: Return of The Crazy One, Special Arena: MR Yian Garuga
- Is hostile on sight.
- Has Turf Wars with: Rajang, Zinogre, Stygian Zinogre.
- Size: 1250.11 ~ 1708.48
- Species: Bird Wyverns.
- HP: ~22,050
Yian Garuga Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head/Neck
- Orange: Body/Tail
- White: Legs/Wings
- Enraged mode: ??
- It's wings are extremely tough and make most weapons bounce, tenderize them if you want to break them.
- It becomes immune to Pitfall Traps when enraged
- Slow it by breaking body parts or baiting out its stamina-intensive beak attacks.
- Both it's head and ears are breakable, so don't stop attacking it's head area until you see two parts broken, if
you need those materials.
Yian Garuga Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Yian Garuga Master Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Yian Garuga Carves
|Garuga Shard (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||32% (25%)|
|Garuga Silverpelt (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐||19% (28%)|
|Garuga Lash (Tail Carved)||⭐⭐||9% (70%)|
|Fey Wyvern Gem (Tail Carved)||⭐||5% (5%)|
Yian Garuga Rewards
|Garuga Shard (Break Beak)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||32% (35%)|
|Garuga Cortex (Break Back)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||24% (30%)|
|Garuga Silverpelt (Break Ears/Back)||⭐⭐⭐||19% (30% / 70%)|
|Fancy Beak (Break Head)||⭐⭐⭐||9% (70%)|
|Garuga Fellwing (Break Wings)||⭐⭐||11% (65%)|
|Garuga Lash (Cut Tail)||⭐⭐||9% (70%)|
|Garuga Auricle (Break Ears)||⭐||5% (70%)|
Yian Garuga Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Yian Garuga Monster. These are unconfirmed and pre-release information for now!
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Black Wolf Bird"
- First introduced in Monster Hunter Freedom