Uragaan is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ウラガンキン (爆鎚竜) in Japanese.
Large Brute Wyverns that feed on ore, using their mighty jaws to crush solid rock to powder. They've been known to confront Lavasioths over territory disputes
Uragaan Details & Locations
- Found in: Elder's Recess
- Target of Quests: Ore-eating Occupier, A Fiery Convergence, Special Arena: HR Uragaan
- Is immediately hostile at ?? range
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Sizes: ♕ 1811.59 ~ ♕ 2511.53
- Species: Brute Wyverns
Uragaan Combat Info
- Elemental damages:Fire. Causes Fireblight
- Weak to Water and secondarily to Ice and Dragon
- Hunters should aim for its weak spots: head and underbelly
- Hunters can also break and mine its back, as well as cut off the monster's tail.
- This monster is susceptible to Poison and Stun
- Uragaan drops small explosives that detonate over time. Hitting them detonates them and Uragaan can create shockwaves to detonate them as well.
- Uragaan shakes and emits small jets of vapor underneath its body preemptively, and then releases a plume around itself that afflicts the player. Can emit either fireblight or sleep vapor.
- After roaring, Uragaan can immediately slam it's jaw down, highly advised against frontal assault.
- A crushing slam from the Uragaan's jaw can send shockwaves across the ground, detonating any explosive rocks in the area.
- Jaw slams can stagger you if you're near it but didn't get hit by it, leaving you vulnerable to other attacks. Tremor Resistance can mitigate or negate this.
- In addition, when Uragaan is toppled, its body can be mined for ore. This can be done any time it is toppled.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Uragaan High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Uragaan Carapace||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Uragaan Scale + (dropped)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Uragaan Scute (break back, carve tail)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Uragaan Marrow||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Uragaan Ruby (break back, cut tail)||High Rank⭐|
|Uragaan Jaw (break head)||High Rank⭐⭐|
Uragaan Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Uragaan Monster.
- Brazen Ridge I
- Brazen Ridge II
- Brazenbreak I
- Brazenbreak II
- Motor Chopper I
- Motor Chopper II
Notes & Trivia
- Lava Nuggets and Firecell Stones can be harvested from Uragaan's back and belly when toppled
- These monsters are from the Brute Wyverns species
- These monsters are ??? big
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range
- Uragaan is known as the "Burst Hammer Wyvern"
Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros