Kirin is an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter World (MHW).キリン in Japanese.
Kirin are so rarely sighted that little is known of their ecology. It's been said they envelop themselves in pure electricity when they are provoked.
The lightning a Kirin cloaks itself with has been confirmed to toughen its skin. The key to hunting a Kirin lies in staggering it, using Elderseal weapons, and protecting yourself from and avoiding its lightning attacks.
Kirin Details & Locations
- Found in: Coral Highlands
- Target of Quest: Gone in a Flash, Lightning Strikes Twice, Thunderous Rumble in the Highlands, A Whisper Of White Mane, Kirin the legend.
- Becomes hostile when standing directly in its path for too long.
- Attacks other monsters: No
- Small Monsters version: N/A
- Sizes: ♕ 471.91~ ♕ 670.33
- Species: Elder Dragon
- *Kirin may not spawn for some players due to a bug in the game.
Kirin Combat Info
- Elemental damages: Thunder
- Weaknesses: Fire
- Weakness sign: Limping
- Combat tactics: Attacks using Thunder Strikes
- Somewhat susceptible to Sleep and Blast attacks
- Resistances: Thunder, Paralysis
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head
- Orange: Body, Body (Electricity)
- White: Lower Body, Lower Body (Electricity)
- Enraged by calling lightning from the sky, its body then deflects attacks; its attack pattern become more unpredictable and widespread. Only the horn is vulnerable.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Kirin Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Kirin Thunderhorn (break horn)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Kirin Mane (dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Kirin Azure Horn (break horn)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Kirin Hide + (dropped)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Kirin Mane||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Kirin Thundertail||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
Kirin Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Kirin Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- The high rank quest can be acquired by collecting tracks in the coral highlands. (NOTE: the progress bar does not show progress; unsure if this is a bug)
- It is possible to acquire the High Rank Kirin quest by joining someody that has it.
- These monsters are from the Elder Dragon species
- These monsters are reasonably small
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range
- Kirin is known as the "Phantom Beast"
- Kirin has the most variations of any monster in the game with 4 variations, low rank, high rank, tempered, and arch-tempered
Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros