Nergigante is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ネルギガンテ (滅盡龍) in Japanese.
A terrible elder dragon that appears when other elders are in the vicinity. Its penchant for destruction is well documented.
Nergigante Details & Locations
- Found in Wildspire Waste & Elders Recess
- Found most commonly in area 14 of Elder Recess.
- Target of Quests:
- Is immediately hostile at medium range
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Small monsters version: N/A
- Sizes: ♕ 1626.35 ~ ♕ 2310.15
- Species: Elder Dragon
Nergigante Combat Info
- The key element of fighting Nergigante is keeping an eye on the spikes that periodically grow on its body. These spikes appear on four areas: Wings, Forelegs, Head, and Tail.
- When the spikes first grow, they have a yellow/white color and are a breakable weak spot.
- As time passes, the spikes will harden and turn black. After this point, they are no longer a weak spot and may deflect attacks.
- Spiked body parts will do increased damage, and some attacks will be augmented by the spikes.
- If Nergigante has grown spikes on its head, it will launch them forward after performing a normal head-slam.
- Occasionally Nergigante will rear back, walk forward, and slam its front leg down. If the leg is spiked, the attack will launch the spikes in all directions.
- Once Nergigante has grown spikes on its head, wings, and forelegs, it will perform a dive bomb attack. And when the spikes turn into black, it will also launch the spikes upon hitting the ground.
- This attack is signaled by Nergigante rearing back on its hind legs and roaring before flying into the air and diving at a player.
- The best method of dealing with this attack is sprinting directly to either side and performing a leaping dodge just before Nergigante begins its dive. Due to this attack's massive area of effect, normal dodges are not sufficient for escaping damage.
- Alternatively, the black spike divebomb attack can be blocked by simply wearing Vitality Mantle in a split second after the roar.
- This attack breaks off Nergigante's spikes and it must begin growing them again.
- Once Nergigante reaches low health and retreats to its lair, it will begin continuously growing spikes, making its dive bomb attack much more frequent.
- Keep in mind that, as an Elder Dragon, Nergigante is immune to traps and cannot be captured.
- Breaking Nergigante's horns or severing its tail will reduce the damage of some of its attacks.
- Nergigante is mildly susceptible to all ailments. Using weapons that can stun, paralyze, or cause sleep can buy a few moments to heal/sharpen/buff during the fight.
- Flash Pods can be used to stun it during combos or dive bomb attacks.
- Dragon Pod slinger ammo may occasionally drop from Nergigante, which can be used to disrupt attacks and has a chance to stagger.
- Weakness sign: Limping
- Bowgun users should aim for the head, arms and wings, preferably those with white spikes. Thunder and pierce ammo work well, along with poison and paralysis shots. Nergigante moves quickly but several long animations and predictable movements may give enough time for cluster shots or wyvern ammo.
- Nergigante's nest (Area 15) is particularly dangerous due to the cramped quarters and environmental hazards:
- Crystal shards can drop from above during the fight; these can stagger players and interrupt attacks or dodges. Look around for areas with crystal spikes lodged into the ground; these should be avoided if possible.
- There are two walls, one east one south, that Nergigante may break with a dive bomb. This should give a little more room to work and behind the southern wall are several flash flies that may be of use.
- Nergigante will run between areas 8, 9 and 14 and will retreat to area 15 to rest.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Nergigante High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Nergigante Carves (ALL HIGH RANK)
Nergigante Rewards (ALL HIGH RANK)
Nergigante Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Nergigante Monster.
Gallery, Notes & Trivia
- Unlike Nergigante's spikes, its horns will not grow back if they are broken.
- A unique victory theme plays upon defeating Nergigante for the first time.
- Nergigante is known as the "Extinction Dragon"
Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Lunastra ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros