Odogaron is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW).オドガロン in Japanese.
A terrifying monster that scours the Rotten Vale for carrion. Its highly aggressive nature means that anything, be it monster or man, is a potential meal.
Odogaron Details & Locations
- Found in: Coral Highlands, Rotten Vale
- Target of Quests: Into the Bowels of the Vale, Scratching the Itch, Flesh Cleaved to Bone, Man's Best Fiend, Special Arena: Odogaron, A Sore Site, Talons of Ire and Ice, Odogaron Unleashed, Special Arena: HR Odogaron, The White Winds of the New World, A Rush of Blood
- Is immediately hostile at medium range, will give a roar as a warning before proceeding to attack.
- Intimidator skill has no effect on it.
- Attacks other monsters: Yes, all and any nearby. Has turf wars with Radobaan, Paolumu, Tzitzi Ya-Ku, Vaal Hazak, and Great Girros
- Small Monsters version: 1
- Sizes: ♕ 541.61 ~ ♕ 1735.94
- Species: Fanged Wyverns
Odogaron Combat Info
- Elemental damages: None
- Weak to Ice and Thunder
- Very resistant to Dragon
- Susceptible to Paralysis
- Hunters may break the head tail and front claws, which are weakspots
- Weakness sign: Limping
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head, Neck, Left Foreleg, Right Foreleg
- Orange: Body, Back, Tail
- White: Left Hindleg, Right Hindleg
- Odogaron's nasty claws cause heavy Bleeding and should be avoided at all costs. Use meat to lure it into traps, stagger it, or coerce it into bouts of rage to tire it out and make it easier to deal with.
- When in it's rage state it moves faster making it difficult to hit with slow weapons. Dodge till it tires out.
- Breaking a part and staggering it will cause it to counter attack. So dodge right after
- Luring it to Girros, Great Girros monsters will increase the chances of paralyzing it.
- To farm, hunt it on expeditions. Start at camp 11 to be closest
- Resting place/ Lair/Spawn point is located in Floor 1, Spot 13
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Odogaron Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Odogaron Sinew (break legs)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Claw (break forelegs)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Fang (dropped, break head)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Tail (carve tail)||High Rank⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Sinew + (Legs Broken)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Scale +||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Claw + (break forelegs)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Fang + (dropped, break head)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Gem (Head Broken, carve tail)||High Rank⭐||2% Carve, 3% Tail Carve and 1% Head Break|
|Odogaron Plate (Carve Tail)||High Rank⭐|
|Monster Bone +||⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Sinew +||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Scale +||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Claw +||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Tail||High Rank⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Plate||High Rank⭐|
|Monster Hardbone||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Nourishing Extract||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Odogaron Gem||2% Capture, 6% Silver Reward and 13% Gold Reward|
Odogaron Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Odogaron Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- These monsters are from the Fanged Wyvern species
- Will drag Legiana corpses to den when they fall into the Rotten Vale
- Can be lured with ???
- Camouflage works until attacking or touching
- Odogaron is known as the "Cruel Claw Wyvern"
- Odogaron has been nicknamed by the community as "Blood Puppy", "Clifford" & "Big Red Dog"
- At 20, 30, 40 and 50 successful hunts, you will earn the Guild Card titles "Odogaron", "Watchdog", "Predator" and "Fierce" respectively
Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros