Hunt all target monsters.
To the hunter who has conquered every investigation, I offer this, the ultimate quest. Enter the Special Arena and take on the New World. Use all that lies before you, and claim glory.
The White Winds of the New World Information
- Conditions: HR 15 or higher
- Failure Conditions: Time expires, Faint 3 times.
- Unlock Conditions: Complete the following quests:
- All Assignments, including Beyond the Blasting Scales and Thunderous Rumble in the Highlands.
- All ⭐8 and below Optional Quests, except Infernal Monarchy and Blue Prominence.
- The ⭐9 quest A Light Upon the River's Gloom.
- Once these are complete, the Commander in Astera will give the player this quest when talked to.
- Commonly missing quests:
- Special Arena quests are required and will not appear in the quest list unless the appropriate monster is captured. Players may check their Guild Card to see which monsters they have captured. Keep in mind that the rank of the captured monster matters; for example, Rathalos must be captured in both Low Rank and High Rank to unlock its ⭐5 and ⭐7 Special Arena quests.
- The quests Left Quite the Impression and A Light Upon the River's Gloom, which offer repeat hunts against Zorah Magdaros and Xeno'jiiva, randomly appear in the quest list and are not always available. They are required for this quest.
- Rewards: Rainbow Armor Pigment, Research Commission Ticket.
- The Rainbow Armor Pigment is usually gained when this quest is completed; however, its requirements are actually tied to completing the full set of quests above plus The White Winds of the New World. Thus, completing this quest via multiplayer before it is unlocked in the player's own game will not award the pigment.
- After completing this quest, talk to the Commander to unlock dialogues with everyone in Astera and the Research Base.
The White Winds of the New World Notes
- The four monsters enter the arena in the order shown on the quest screen.
- Only the Legiana is in the arena at the start. Odogaron will enter the arena after a few minutes have passed. After the first two monsters are slain, there will be a brief reprieve before Diablos appears, and then later Rathalos.
- With efficient fighting and high damage output (e.g., via the use of traps and bombs) it is possible to ensure you fight only a single monster at a time.
- While this quest has an uncommonly short time limit, the monsters have significantly less health than they do in single target hunts, making this a fairly easy quest overall.