When I first fought a Teostra back in the Old World, my fear washed over me, but it gave me the fire to fight. But now I realized it's calmness, not fear, that you need to slay it. - Fourth Fleet A-Lister, Client
The Scorn of the Sun Information
- Slay Arch-Tempered Teostra
- Conditions: HR 50 or higher
- Failure Conditions: Time expires, Faint 3 times.
- Unlisted Special Rewards(s): Teostra Ticket used to craft γ Teostra Armor and Dante Layered Armor, also higher chance of Hero Streamstones.
- Health Pools (solo/Multiplayer)
- Health: 19,350/48375
- Head: 720/2376
- Body: 1440/4752
- Front limbs(both share a pool): 1008/3326
- Hind Limbs(both share a pool): 1224/4039
- Wings(both share a pool): 1008/3326
- Tail sever(flinch Values is the same = Cut will take priority): 1188/3920
- Other Monsters:
- Kushala Daora: only appears briefly to deal ~4000 damage to Teostra when he goes to the surface. It will leave the area almost immediately.
The Scorn of the Sun Walkthrough and Tips
- Fire resistance(check elemental resistance calculations for more info) helps but not required.
- While above surface, use the falling rocks to deal roughly ~2,000 damage.
- Cool Drink to stop damage from heat from the areas of the elder recess.
- If he is in the air you can flash him to "Dunk" him. This is limited to four flashes due to being an Arch Tempered Monster, After the four flashes he will become immune to flashes(flashes do nothing to him).
The Scorn of the Sun Notes