The Fury of El Dorado is an Event Quest in Monster Hunter World (MHW). This is a special quest that you can only initiate from the Gathering Hub under "SIEGE" quest type that allows 16 players, divided into 4-man groups, to tackle an Arch-Tempered Elder Dragon.
The old girl is back and stronger than ever, this time dressed to the nines in a glittering white gold cot! With the First and Fifth working together, we won't let this golden opportunity go to waste!
The Fury of El Dorado Information
- Repel Arch-Tempered Kulve Taroth
- Conditions: HR 16 or higher
- Failure Conditions: Time expires, Faint 3 times.
- Unlisted Special Rewards(s): Kulve Taroth Emperor Nugget to forge the Kulve Taroth γ armor. Bushi Ticket
- Availability: The Kulve Taroth Siege is on a 2-week rotation with the Safi'jiiva Siege(which means; 2 weeks of Kulve Siege, 2 weeks of Safi Siege, 2 weeks of Kulve Siege...)
- Other Monsters:
The Fury of El Dorado Mechanics
- Kulve Taroth is a "Raid Boss" meaning there is only one mode, multiplayer. Meaning you can solo, have two people, three people, four people, but her health pools are the same, so the more the merrier.
- Session Mechanics on KT - KT has an interesting mechanic that if anyone in the session increases the pursuit level than the pursuit level for the entire session is the same level if they are to start one. This will not increase pursuit levels of previously started runs. This will make KT easier to complete but this will lower your rewards if you did not join a pursuit level 1 prior. The down side is that if another team breaks her horns off this will reset the entire session's pursuit level back to pursuit level 1 and forcing everyone to collect their respective reward levels(1 to 17). So if you are in a run and you receive the message "another team has completely broken Kulve's horns" your team needs to complete this run to maximize the reward level or be forced to collect rewards most likely two high rarity rewards and the rest pretty much useless.
- SUMMARY - you need to be in a run that breaks KT's horns and have been in a pursuit level one prior the most recent horn break to maximize your reward's quality and quantity.
- Reward level - There are 17 reward levels for KT, these are respective to each player in the session and reflect onto the quantity of each player's rewards. These will also rest with the pursuit levels when a group completes KT or you leave the session.
- Increasing reward level - you/group your running KT with must break gold parts, break her "naked tail", and completely break her horns. Two reward levels per gold part, One for naked tail, and one for completely breaking her horns.
- To increase the rarity of the rewards you must be present of a previous pursuit level one run that did not fail(cart 3 times) to receive the objective "one run completion" NOTE this do not mean you need to complete KT on pursuit level one, this just requires you to have been in a pursuit level one that has not failed and then you break her horns completely off in a higher pursuit level.
- Breaking her horns off completely while she is in fury mode. When the game messages you with the handler saying "oh no....." This is do to KT entering fury mode, if the horns are completely removed around this time you will get a message as KT repels stating horns broken during fury.
- Random free boxes, you will sometimes randomly get 2 or four high rarity boxes for completing KT. The reason is unknown at the moment which lead to the belief of it being RNG(random Number Generator)
- There are four stages of Kulve taroth, this can be noted by which are she is in, each area requires certain objectives to be met in order for her to move to the next area. If the objective is not met within a small time frame as she enters the new area(timer starts whether you come in with her or not) she will leave, and this is technically not a failed quest but it definitely not a win which translate to wasting time unless it was for a "sniff run"(done mainly in pursuit level one, Idea is to increase the pursuit level, Higher Pursuit level higher the damage multiplier you have on her.
- Area one - In this area Kulve Taroth is 99% of the time ignoring you. You need to deal enough damage to her to activate a message stating you have stopped Kulve's retreat. She will then move to area 2 and wait for players to enter but remember as stopping the retreat is becomes active the timer for her to leave will become active as well. In order to deal this amount of damage "bomb strategies" are highly recommended for lower pursuit levels(sub 4 because pursuit levels 4 to 6 are considered free). Part breaker skill is also highly recommended for more damage on her gold.
- Area two - In this area Kulve will be attacking you and other players in the area. The objective is to break as many gold parts as possible to stop her retreat forcing her to move to area 3 of the siege. I am unsure of the amount required for her to shed but she will dig when
- If you are attacking a broken spot this is pretty much useless since the objective is to break gold to reach the count of 15 total meaning all the damage you were dealing do not contribute to stopping her retreat. with the exception of her chest spikes which is to provoke her "red" state which she has a red aura and her gold becomes weakspots.
- Area three - The objective of this area is to have her shed her gold mantle, it is a very similar objective to area 2, basically another try at area two. If enough parts were broken in are two she will move to area 3 than transition to area four immediately.
- Area Four - In this area the objective is to break off her horns. NOTE THE ONLY DAMAGE THAT MATTERS is damage to her horns. You can do an infinite amount of damage to any part of her body and she will still retreat unless you break the threshold of her horn's health pool. So everyone that is doing damage should be doing the damage to her horns or the damage wouldn't matter.
- The only exceptions for this is if you were not in a previous run that already broke her tail(previous pursuit levels and her tail was not broken) and you/your team wishes to increase reward level.
- The other exception is if you/your team is dealing damage to one side of her limbs(left limbs share a health pool, right limbs share a health pool) to force a trip so that you and your team can have up time(time where you have windows to do damage) on her horns.
- Pursuit Levels - THE HIGHER THE PURSUIT LEVEL THE EASIER IT WILL BE. The pursuit levels are multipliers on your damage dealt to her Gold/Horns. For example if you hit her and you see 100 it is actually less damage in pursuit level 1, because in pursuit level one the multiplier is less than one(a decimal number) while in pursuit level 6 you will see 100 and the damage actually dealt(not seen) about 400. I will need more testing to obtain actually numbers for the multipliers but for simplicity, the higher the pursuit the higher the multiplier will be on her gold/horn but not displayed in damage. This was observed due to seeing that it took more damage to break a certain part than other pursuit levels. This can be argued that she has less health as the pursuit level increases but this is false by seeing her health pool(3rd party programs) her health pools are the same no matter what pursuit level. In short, it is easier to code a multiplier to your damage than to make am multiplier for each health pool.
The Fury of El Dorado Walkthrough and Tips
- Pursuit Level One(p1) - Doing a P1 is pretty hard without organization/Good Gear/Crowd control due to the pursuit level multiplier mechanics. It is rare to complete a p1 with a random group since there is no coordination. If the team has good gear then the chances of the clear will increase but ideally with a random group you should all just do a sniff run(follow behind KT and pick up her tracks, this will increase pursuit level which will make it easier for the next run)
- Sniff Run theory would be to not attack KT at all and the whole team collects tracks. If the whole team collects tracks and do not attack KT the sniff run will end around 8 minutes, then it should be pursuit level 2 if not 3. This is the most efficient way to farm KT with a random group and even in some cases of a team due to bad gear, not enough damage, not using bomb strategies, etc. P1 with a random group will take 8 to 20 minutes and mostly result in a her retreating and if you/team were not collecting tracks it would be lucky to reach pursuit level 2.
- Releasing Kulve Taroth(When Kulve Taroth loses her gold mantle this is known as kulve being released and a message will notify the others in the session this has happened). To do this ideally you will want to break 15 gold parts, this will be her horn gold plating(the carve-able piece that falls off), right and left chest, elbow of left and right arm, left and right rib area, and left and right by the tip of her tail.
- Parts Breaker skill is Highly recommended for this.
- Her gold is weak to thunder but this will not matter for raw attack scaling weapons since they can deal more damage by just having high attack.
- Red state - KT will have a red aura when enough damage is dealt to her and in this state her gold will become weak spots.
- Focus on unbroken gold parts.
- Area 1 Focus on rock drops to give team up time so they can do a lot of damage. when she falls aim for horns, while she is standing aim for elbows because in area two and three these parts are most difficult to attack as she moves more often.
- Area 2 Focus on tail and chest.
- Tail Because its easy to attack and very safe since she wont be focus on you and you can see any movements she make.
- Chest because there is a big blind spot for her hit boxes at this location for most of her attacks, be aware when she spews lava, body slams, lunges forward.
- Area 3 Focus on her horns if you have not chipped it(total of 3 horn health pools, horn gold, Horn Chip, and Severing her horns), Rock Drops(3) and keep her on the erupting lava(2). These should be enough to release her for area 4
- Horn Break Area 4, Hopefully you/your team, has chipped her actual horns before this area or you will be dealing with her horn sever health and the chip health.
- "Naked KT is weak to ice damage, her horns are weak to ice and cut damage.
- Crowd Control(CC) makes this area easier. The setup is usually one crowd control and the rest of the team is damage. The most common CC chain is Sleep, Mount, KO, Paralyze, KO. This will give enough up time for bombing strategies or just freestyle weapons.
- FOCUS THE HORNS, Reminder no damage to her matters unless its the horns because you do not win unless her horn's health pool is depleted, meaning you can break her tail/limbs a billion times and never win or you can break her horns once and win. Most beginners think that dealing damage to her anywhere makes her horns come off, this is FALSE. Her horns have a separate health pool and is the one that needs to be depleted in order to win. everything else is just to prevent you from winning so do not focus them.
The Fury of El Dorado Notes
- Pursuit Level (PL) 6 is the highest attainable level, making each run less difficult as the level increases.
- Reward Level (RL) 17 is the highest attainable level, granting the best rewards at the end of a siege.
- This quest replaces the Banquet in the Earthen Hall quest.