Gajalaka is a Small Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ガジャブー in Japanese.
Small monsters wearing tribal masks.
Gajalaka Details & Locations
- Found in: Ancient Forest, Wildspire Waste, Coral Highlands, Rotten Vale, Elder's Recess, Caverns of El Dorado
- They only appear in High Rank expedition and quests.
- Target of Quest:Chef Quest! Gajalaka Lockdown
- Is immediately hostile at close range.
- Intimidator Rank 3 skill prevents them from engaging you in battle.
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Large Monsters version: No
- Sizes: Same as Palicoes
- Species: Lynian
Gajalaka Combat Info
- Gajalakas are overall weak enemies and usually stand still most of the time but they move extremely fast and due to their small size can easily be missed by hunters' melee attacks and prove to be a reasonably difficult target for ranged weapons. Their offensive consists in the usage of bombs, poisoned throwing knives and paralyzing throwing knives, but at melee range they will resort to stabbing with a poison blade. Gajalaka molotov bombs will do a considerable amount of damage and knock the player into the air, although they can be easily dodged because of their slow speed and the preparation time it takes for a Gajalaka to throw one.
- The also spawn in groups of 3 or 4
- They always drop supply items.
- They use poison and paralysis ailments.
- Gajalakas can be fought just like any other small monster. Pay attention to their molotov bombs attacks and try to not let them go in range to use their throwing knives, as their ailments can be pretty annoying.
- Resistances: N/A
Defeating Gajalakas will cause them to burrow underground and escape, dropping one of the following items behind:
- Poison Knife (Supply)
- Sleep Knife (Supply)
- First-aid Med
- Paralysis Knife (Supply)
- EZ Ration
Note that all drops from Gajalakas are Supply Items, so they will be removed from the Item Pouch upon returning from the field.
Gajalaka Weapons & Armor
Gajalakas cannot be carved for materials (since killing them just makes them go away). However, they do have a related Palico equipment that can be crafted after completing the quest Chef Quest! Gajalaka Lockdown.
Notes, Trivia, & Media
- Just like with the rest of the Grimalkyne tribes, the Lynian Researcher provides you a bounty called Cultural Exchange: Gajalaka Linguistics. (easy method for finding tracks: Start an expedition and pick a zone that the Lynian researcher is in. Locate him and search around him. There's usually around 3 to 4 close by. Then end expedition and repeat.) After completing the bounty, you can talk with the researcher again to engage another bounty: Cultural Exchange: Gajalaka Linguistics II which requires you to infiltrate in their camp at night time to befriends the Gajalakas. Succeeding to do so will allow you to use Gajalaka shortcuts in the Elder's Recess, unlock Gastodon and Gajalaka tailraiders (Latter ones are only available inside their base, accessible by a shortcut infront of the Gajalaka camp) and the Palico Gadget Mewolotov Cocktail.
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range
- Gajalaka have a tailrider level. Upon reaching level 3 unity-wise, you can unlock the Gajalaka Shellshock. This works similar to the vine trap. Luring a monster to the waiting Gajalaka will cause a bomb squad to launch explosives at the monster.