The Grimalkynes are NPC in Monster Hunter World (MHW). NPCs are non-playable characters that interact with the Hunter during the story or optional activities in game.
The Hunter will encounter multiple tribes of Grimalkynes in the New World, a cat-like race related to Palicoes. Once a tribe is befriended, they will assist the Hunter as Tailraiders, teach their Palico how to tame monsters, offer them gadgets and lay traps in different parts of every area.
Bugtrappers (Ancient Forest)
- Encounter Trigger: Lynian researcher is actually present in this map ?
You can find a Bugtrapper in area 17 who will flee when approached. Follow it all the way up the trees to reach their camp.
- Rewards: Bugtrappers and Jagras Tailraiders, Flashfly Cage gadget
Protectors (Wildspire Waste)
- Encounter Trigger: Level up doodle find, and he'll appear in sector 8
Once in their camp, a Protector asks the Hunter to capture 3 fleeing Protectors in the Wildspire Waste. Use the map to locate them and the Capture Net to catch them. Then, come back to their camp.
- Rewards: Protectors and Kestodon Tailraiders, Shieldspire gadget
Troupers (Coral Highlands)
- Encounter Trigger: Find and fight them, wander around sector 10 low levels.
Once the fight is over, head to their camp in sector 11, behind the waterfall all the way up in the cave. A Trouper will ask the Hunter do the Troubled Troupers optional quest.
- Rewards: Troupers and Shamos Tailraiders, Coral Orchestra gadget
Plunderers (Rotten Vale)
- Encounter Trigger: Talk with Lynian Researcher in sector 13 (Odogaron nest)
Then wait there until the Odogaron bring back a dead Legiana a Plunderer will appear and flee when approached. Follow it until arriving in sector 15, go between the 2 shining ponds and look around for the Grimalkyne. Your Palico will tell you that it's looking for food so put some Raw Meat on the ground and back up a little until the Plunderer comes down.
- Rewards: Plunderers and Girros Tailraiders, Plunderblade gadget
Gajalaka (Elder's Recess)
- Encounter Trigger: Get all other tribes as friends, then find the Lynian Researcher in sector 1.
The Hunter first needs to complete the Cultural Exchange: Gajalaka Linguistics critical bounty by finding 10 Gajalaka tracks all over the New World. Tracks are found next to Gajalaka on every maps, there are more than the 10 required to finish the bounty.
Afterward, the Lynian Researcher will ask them to discover the Gajalaka camp during the Cultural Exchange: Gajalaka Linguistics II featuring an unique "mini-game". You have to go below the Eastern Camp (8) by night time and succeed in infiltrating the settlement without being seen.
- Rewards: Gajalakas and Gastodon Tailraiders, Meowlotov Cocktail gadget, Elder's Recess shortcut system