Rathalos (aka Liolaeus) is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). リオレウス (火竜) in Japanese.
The apex monster of the Ancient Forest, also known as the "King of the Skies".
A fierce wyvern that descends upon invaders, attacking with its venomous claws and fiery breath.
Rathalos Details & Locations
- Found in: Ancient Forest /#16
- Target of Quests: A Fiery Throne Atop the Forest, When Desire Becomes an Obsession, Redefining the Power Couple, Rathalos Rematch, The Red and Blue Crew, Special Arena: HR Rathalos, The White Winds of the New World
- Is immediately hostile at close range
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Turf Wars: Anjanath and Deviljho
- Related Monster : It's the male version of the Rathian.
Please also see Azure Rathalos
- Sizes: ♕ 1499.71 ~ ♕ 2130.28
- Species: Flying Wyverns
Rathalos Combat Info
- Fires Fire Element projectiles at hunters and monsters.
- Bites and tail swipes at close range.
- Weaknesses: Dragon and Thunder
- Modestly susceptible to Sleep, Paralysis and Stun
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head, Neck
- Orange: Body, Back, Left Leg, Right Leg
- White: Left Wing, Right Wing
- Green: Tail
- Hunters can sever the tail and break the head, wings and body.
- The tail, head and wings are the weak points.
- Rathalos prefers to stay airborne to unleash their myriad attacks, but a well-placed flash bomb or a shot from your Slinger can send them crashing to earth. Wounding their wings gives them a moment of vulnerability whenever they try to take flight.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Rathalos Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Rathalos Scale (break head)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Marrow (break back)||⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Shell (dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Webbing (break wings)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Plate (break back, break head, break tail)||⭐|
|Rathalos Tail (cut tail any rank)||?⭐|
|Rathalos Scale + (break head)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Carapace (dropped)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Wing (break wings)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Medulla (break back)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Plate||High Rank⭐|
|Rathalos Ruby (break back, head or tail)||High Rank⭐||1% Carve, 2% Tail Carve, 3% Head Break and 1% Back Break|
(High Rank ⭐⭐)
|Monster Bone +||⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Carapace||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Scale +||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Wing||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Plate||High Rank⭐|
|Monster Hardbone||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Inferno Sac||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Rathalos Ruby||1% Capture, 6% Silver Reward and 13% Gold Reward|
Rathalos Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Rathalos Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- These monsters are from the Flying Wyvern species
- Rathalos as well as Azure Rathalos will not attack Pink Rathian & Rathian
- These monsters are ??? big
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range
- Rathalos is known as the "Fire Wyvern"
- Rathalos is now a boss in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros