A mysterious elder dragon able to manipulate the earth itself. Vibrations from its wingtips reshape the earth, denying hunters footing.
Shara Ishvalda Details & Locations
- Found in: Origin Isle
- Target of Quests: Paean of Guidance, after completion, optional quest Faraway Lorelei appears randomly for 2 quests. Special Event Quest The Naked Truth.
- Is hostile when approached.
- Size: 2910.91 ~ 2910.91
- Species: Elder Dragons
- HP: 37630
Shara Ishvalda Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head/Wings
- Orange: Torso/Tail
- White: Legs
- Both stages can be mounted.
- You can use your Clutch Claw to latch onto its head and knock it into the rocks traps(trap icons on mini map) to deal massive damage.
- After it is freed, avoid being in front of it, and make good use of your Temporal Mantle, Health Booster or Vitality Mantle.
- Bring Lifepowder or use the skill Wide-Range so you might heal your allies.
- Stun Resistance is helpful during this fight.
- You can obtain Shiny Drops by attacking and breaking its legs, head and chest.
- Hunters must begin by stripping its sturdy rock armor: bombs and falling rocks are two proven methods. Skills to counter tremors are a boon against its wingtip attacks.
- Armored form: Very slow, but immensely strong.
- Be careful when standing underneath it, as it will occasionally jump to crush any hunters underfoot.
- It will swipe at hunters with its wings, or use them as clubs to pound the ground.
- It will sometimes burrow its body underground, exposing only its back, head, and wings. When this happens everyone should stay directly in front of it's face which is 90% safe from all its attacks in this mode.
- It will also rake its wingtips from one side of the arena to the other, for 1 to 3 times. If you are up close attacking, and it starts to move backwards, it is about to use the "plow" move.
- It can also create pools of sand around itself with its wingtips.
- Unarmored form: Faster, and heavily relies on using its wings to attack with vibrated air.
- It will continue to use its wings as melee weapons, along with the occasional bite.
- It can shoot a single beam of air at a time, or multiple using all of its wingtips.
- It can shoot a massive beam of air by centering its wingtips in front of its face.
- Occasionally, it will burrow to the edge of the arena, create a large sphere of air, then launch it towards the center of the arena as a wide-scale AOE attack.
- The pools of sand it creates resonate with it's sound/air attacks and explode after one of them touches it.
- Make sure to eat at the canteen before going into this quest or Farcaster to do so.
- For Shara Ishvalda's rock form, make sure to wall slam it twice into the falling wall trap. This can be easily set up by standing by it to lure Shara to it. You can also trigger the trap using bombs.
- When Shara Ishvalda sheds its rock armor, you can stay on its rear, using clutch claw to weaken it. Just keep attacking the rear portion of its body and you should be very safe.
- In the rockless state there will be 3 wall traps to slam Shara Ishvalda into, but if Shara Ishvalda triggers them (shoots with air) they will not deal damage to it. Again you can trigger these traps using bombs but make sure Shara is close enough.
Going for the Scalp
- You need two Shara Ishvalda Tenderplates (and one gem) for every Shara-Ishvalda weapon, which are good for mid-tier Master Rank. Obtaining the Tenderplate can be difficult as it can't be carved from its corpse
- Shara Ishvalda's head can be broken twice to get the Scalp to drop. Carving the Scalp will give you two Tenderplate
- To avoid killing Shara Ishvalda before you get the Scalp to drop,you need to go for the head as much as possible
- Partbreaker 3 is a must have, as it will decrease the overall damage you need to deal to the head
- A Great Sword is a very good choice, as it has a long reach, high damage and a hidden Partbreaker bonus on the Charged Slashes. The Beo Slasher II is a good choice, as it will deal decent damage without charms or gems and is relatively easy to craft.
- In Phase one you should focus on not dying to keep your faints for phase 2.
- In Phase two (Closed Eyes), go for the head exclusively. If done right, you can get the scalp before phase three starts.
- Tenderize the head as soon as possible with a grappled attack. Keep it tenderized at all times.
- Shara Ishvalda leaves its head usually open after every attack. Put priority on avoiding its attacks by sprinting and go for draw attacks on the head. Avoid hitting anything else.
- Some of its attacks will leave Shara Ishvalda's head unprotected for longer, letting you get a Strong Charge Slash in. Don't go for a True Charge Slash or Shara Ishvalda will hit you.
- Using the slinger burst to slam Shara Ishvalda into a wall will count as damage to the head.
- If Phase three (Eyes open) starts and you haven't broken the Head twice yet, go for the Front legs.
- Breaking either one of the front legs will knock Shara Ishvalda down long enough to get a True Charge Slash on its head. Use this to finally break the scalp off.
- Aiming to break Shara Ishvalda's head can result in a very drawn out fight.
- Three pieces of Tigrex Armor allow you to stack three Free Meals, greatly increasing your healing supplies.
- Carry a Farcaster to return to your camp if you ever run low on supplies.
- Bring Dash Juice, as you will do a lot of sprinting.
- Health Boost 3 is pretty good considering Shara Ishvalda's extreme damage output can easily twoshot you without it.
- As soon as the scalp breaks, your first priority should be to carve it. Beam attacks are a great opportunity to go in for the carve.
Shara Ishvalda Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each damage type
In-game weakness information
Shara Ishvalda Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Shara Ishvalda Carves (All Master Rank)
Shara Ishvalda Rewards (All Master Rank)
|Shara Ishvalda Boulderplate (Break Rock legs)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||24% (70%)|
|Shara Ishvalda Tenderscale (Break Head/Forelegs)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||32% (64% / 30%)|
|Shara Ishvalda Petalstone (Break Rock legs)||⭐⭐⭐||18% (70%)|
|Shara Ishvalda Tenderclaw (Break Wings)||⭐⭐⭐||13% (70%)|
|Large Elder Dragon Bone||⭐⭐||9%|
|Pure Dragon Blood||⭐⭐||9%|
|Shara Ishvalda Gem||⭐||2%|
Shara Ishvalda Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Shara Ishvalda Monster. These are unconfirmed and pre-release information for now!
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Earth Singing Dragon" or "Old Everwyrm".
- It is the first large monster to have the "Switch Display" option in its Hunter's Notes entry.
- It is the first monster to have an alternate form for its Physiology and Rewards pages.
- When its eyes open, they track the camera instead of the hunter. The reason for this, as theorised by fans, is that Shara stares directly into the soul of a hunter, which is actually the player controlling the hunter, making this a fourth wall break. Also, when fighting it in multiplayer, every player perceives the eyes tracking them, disregarding anyone else.
- Despite the Hunter's Notes not marking the wings as breakable in its unarmored form, they still are breakable; they're just harder to hit properly.