A mysterious elder dragon able to manipulate the earth itself. Vibrations from its wingtips reshape the earth, denying hunters footing.
Shara Ishvalda Details & Locations
- Found in: Origin Isle
- Target of Quests: Paean of Guidance (Assignment). After completion, optional quest Faraway Lorelei appears randomly for 2 quests.
- Is hostile when approached.
- Attacks other monsters: n/a
- Small Monsters version: n/a
- Size: 2910.91
- Species: Elder Dragons
- HP (Tempered): 37630 (??)
Shara Ishvalda Combat Info
- Deals physical damage, and can inflict Stun.
- Weak toIce, Water and Blast.
- Resistant to Fire, Dragon, Paralysis, and Stun.
- Immune to Sleep and Thunder.
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head & Wings
- Orange: Tail
- White: Legs
- Both stages can be mounted.
- You can use your Clutch Claw to latch onto its head and knock it into the rocks traps(trap icons on mini map) to deal massive damage.
- After it is freed, avoid being in front of it, and make good use of your Temporal Mantle, Health Booster or Vitality Mantle.
- Bring Lifepowder or use the skill Wide-Range so you might heal your allies.
- Stun resistance is helpful during this fight.
- You can obtain a Shiny Drops by attacking and breaking its legs, head and chest.
- Hunters must begin by stripping its sturdy rock armor: bombs and falling rocks are two proven methods. Skills to counter tremors are a boon against its wingtip attacks.
- Armored form: Very slow, but immensely strong.
- Be careful when standing underneath it, as it will occasionally jump to crush any hunters underfoot.
- It will swipe at hunters with its wings, or use them as clubs to pound the ground.
- It will sometimes burrow its body underground, exposing only its back, head, and wings. When this happens everyone should stay directly in front of it's face which is 90% safe from all its attacks in this mode.
- It will also rake its wingtips from one side of the arena to the other, for 1 to 3 times. If you are up close attacking, and it starts to move backwards, it is about to use the "plow" move.
- It can also create pools of sand around itself with its wingtips.
- Unarmored form: Faster, and heavily relies on using its wings to attack with vibrated air.
- It will continue to use its wings as melee weapons, along with the occasional bite.
- It can shoot a single beam of air at a time, or multiple using all of its wingtips.
- It can shoot a massive beam of air by centering its wingtips in front of its face.
- Occasionally, it will burrow to the edge of the arena, create a large sphere of air, then launch it towards the center of the arena as a wide-scale AOE attack.
- The pools of sand it creates cover more of the arena, sometimes resulting in small explosions.
- Make sure to eat at the canteen before going into this quest or Farcaster to do so.
- For Shara's rock form, make sure to wall slam it twice into the falling wall trap. This can be easily set up by standing by it to lure Shara to it. You can also trigger the trap using bombs.
- When Shara sheds its rock armor, you can stay on its rear, using clutch claw to weaken it. Just keep attacking the rear portion of its body and you should be very safe.
- In the rockless state there will be 3 wall traps to slam Shara into, but if Shara triggers them (shoots with air) they will not deal damage to it. Again you can trigger these traps using bombs but make sure Shara is close enough.
Shara Ishvalda Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each damage type
In-game weakness information
Shara Ishvalda Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Shara Ishvalda Carves (All Master Rank)
|Shara Ishvalda Tenderscale (break head)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Shara Ishvalda Boulderplate||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Shara Ishvalda Petalstone (Dropped - Break Forelegs)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Shara Ishvalda Tenderclaw (Break Wings)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Shara Ishvalda Tenderplate (break head)||⭐||
50% if carving from broken head piece
|Shara Ishvalda Gem (break head)||⭐||50% if carving from broken head piece|
|Shara Ishvalda Tenderplate (Carve Scalp - requires two head breaks to sever)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
Shara Ishvalda Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Shara Ishvalda Monster. These are unconfirmed and pre-release information for now!
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Earth Singing Dragon" or "Old Everwyrm".
- It is the first large monster to have the "Switch Display" option in its Hunter's Notes entry.
- It is the first monster to have an alternate form for its Physiology and Rewards pages.
- When its eyes open, they track the camera instead of the hunter. The reason for this, as theorised by fans, is that Shara stares directly into the soul of a hunter, which is actually the player controlling the hunter, making this a fourth wall break. Also, when fighting it in multiplayer, every player perceives the eyes tracking them, disregarding anyone else.
- Despite the Hunter's Notes not marking the wings as breakable in its unarmored form, they still are breakable; they're just harder to hit properly.
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros