Rocksteady Mantle is a type of Specialized Tool in Monster Hunter World. Rocksteady Mantle prevents you from flinching when attacked and reduces the damage you take.
How to Get Rocksteady Mantle
- Must be at least HR 50 and finish the 9★ Optional Quest A Summons from Below to obtain the Rocksteady Mantle from The Armory (Astera).
- Can be upgraded to the Rocksteady Mantle +
Rocksteady Mantle Notes
- Damage taken is reduced by 30% and stun buildup is prevented.
- This mantle negates flinching, which gives you the ability to "tank through" and not be interrupted while using items, performing combos or moving.
- The player can still take reduced damage through the mantle, but will not flinch to attacks, roars or pushes from large monster movement. Attacks that would normally knock the player down, granting invulnerability for a short period or knockback out of the area of effect, will no longer move the player; therefore is imperative to watch your HP and carefully time slow attacks while using this mantle.
- This mantle will also prevent the play from being flung off while clutching to the monster. However, this can result in rapid damage, easily carting them.
- The player can still get caught up in muck as the effect that grants immunity to muck is on a different mantle.
- This mantle will not protect against paralysis attacks or animated attacks that pin the player down..
- The Thronetaker event quest leaves the player fighting 3 different threat level 3 monsters, making one easy way to unlock the Rocksteady Mantle if the player can complete the quest.