Bazelgeuse [beɪːz(ə)lˌdʒəːz] is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). バゼルギウス (爆鱗竜) in Japanese.
A nefarious flying wyvern that travels the New World in search of prey. It scatters explosive scales over a wide area to prey on whatever gets caught in the blast
Bazelgeuse Details & Locations
- Found in: All Biomes
- Target of Quests: Beyond the Blasting Scales, Bazelgeuse in the Field of Fire
- Is immediately hostile at long range
- Attacks other monsters: Yes.
- Often arrives to your fights with other large monsters and engages in turf wars with them. If you are having trouble tracking or finding him, attack the nearest large monster you can find and he is likely to deal with the hard part of tracking for you.
- In wildspire waste when Bazelgeuse uses his move to charge at you, he can kill Kelbies that in turn will drop their horns when hit.
- Sizes: ♛ 1696.97 ~ ♛ 2410.48
- Species: Flying Wyverns
Bazelgeuse Combat Info
- Elemental damages: N/A (Blast)
- Weak to Thunder element, and to Dragon andIce to a lesser degree
- Can inflict Fireblight on hunters.
- Only moderately susceptible to Poison, Sleep and Paralysis
- The head is the weakest spot, followed by the tail that hunters can cut
- Hunters can also target the wings, but they are more resistant than the head and tail
- The chest portion can be broken
- Friction and heat cause the pods he drops to explode. When he's red, they explode immediately. When he's black, he needs to hit them (including his dive bomb) to make them explode. You can also detonate the pods manually by firing slinger ammos or any projectile to the pods.
- When in the air, will have 2-3 flying passes to drop pods on the ground, and will dive bomb you on the last run and make them explode
- Has a rarely used front fire blast
- Likes to dig his head in the ground and charge you, leaving him wide open for attacks when he completes the move
- The scales that Bazelgeuse scatters explode with tremendous force, making them extremely deadly. Focus on its legs to knock it down, and then knock out its scale-generating organs (and where are those???).
- If Bazelgeuse shows up at an inopportune time, dung pods can be used to scare him away. Carrying dung pods is recommended once Bazelgeuse begins showing up, if you wish to avoid fighting him. However, this is only a temporary solution and the full mechanics regarding Bazelgeuse, dung pods, and possible exploits can be found here.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Bazelgeuse High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Bazelgeuse Carves (ALL HIGH RANK)
|Bazelgeuse Scale +||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Bazelgeuse Carapace (break back)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Bazelgeuse Talon (dropped)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Bazelgeuse Fuse (break head)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Bazelgeuse Wing (break wings)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Bazelgeuse Gem (break head, tail or legs)||⭐|| 2% Carve, 3% Tail Carve and 1% Back Break
|Bazelgeuse Tail (Cut tail)|
Bazelgeuse Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Bazelgeuse Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- Can drop the Large Wyvern Tear account item during fights, granting 500RP
- Bazelgeuse has been given various nicknames by the community, such as the "B-52 Bomber", and the "Flying Asshole"
- Bazelgeuse is known as the "Explosive Scale Wyvern."
- Bazelgeuse's name is derived from Betelgeuse (pronounced "beetle-juice"), the brightest star in the Orion constellation.
- "Betelgeuse" also refers to a French nuclear weapons test from 1966.
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros