|Damage Type||Blunt Damage|
Hammer (ハンマー hanmaa, "hammer") is a weapon category in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Like all Weapons, it features a unique moveset and an upgrade path that branches out depending on the materials used. Please see Weapon Mechanics for details on the basics of your hunter tools.
The hammer is a powerful blunt weapon with a surprising
amount of mobility. It's also possible to stun monsters by
delivering a hammer attack to the head.
Hammer Weapon Tree
For full details, including Iceborne Expansion Weapon Tree please see Hammer Weapon Tree
See Iceborne Hammers for a list of the expansion weapons.
Hammer Traits & Abilities
- Hard hitting moveset complemented by powerful charge attacks
- Doesn't hamper mobility despite its weight
- Deals only blunt damage, which stuns (KO) monsters
The ultimate evolution of sticks with a rock on the end, the Hammer is a fast, hard hitting weapon. As expected, the Hammer deals only blunt damage which makes it perfect for dealing stun damage and knocking out the monster. The Hammer's basic attacks are surprisingly fast for such a heavy weapon, and deal quite a bit of damage. They also have high chaining potential, and are very good at hitting the same spot over and over again, like the monster's head to rack up stun damage. Hammers can also do charge attacks. They have three charge levels, just like the Greatsword, but the Hammer allows hunters to run around while charging up their attack. The type of charge attack also changes base on if the hunter is standing still or moving when the attack goes off. The moving charge attack can also be chained into follow up attacks. Lastly, Hammers can do a self buff while charging. This buff increases attack damage and stun damage, and gives minor hyper armor during charge attacks. The Hammer was built to cave in monster skulls with brutal efficiency, and it is very good at its job.
You can perform a Power Charge to boost your attack power and some charged attacks. The effect persists until you put away your hammer or take damage.
Stuns can be achieved more easily by hitting monsters' heads with Charged Upswings or Charged Brutal Upswings.
Release R2 during a Charged Slide to perform Aerial Spins, or chain the Charged Slide into other moves by pressing attack buttons.
- Very High Raw Attack Power
- Players can run even with the weapon unsheathed
- Charged attacks are extremely powerful
- Attacks with the hammer are all blunt, so it can KO monsters with ease, and apply exhaust.
- Heavy and Slow attacks require practice to get right
- Very low sharpness and Elemental Damage
- Extremely short reach for such a heavy melee weapon
Each move has its own hidden Combo Move multiplier (CM), which is used when calculating Raw (physical) Damage. See the article on Attack Power for more information.
Note: These figures are estimations reached through community testing.
- : Standard Attack (Can be chained up to 3 times). CM:
- Ground Smash I: 15
- Ground Smash II: 37
- Upswing: 86
- : Big Bang (Can be chained up to 5 times if each attack hits, each hit deals more damage than the last). CM:
- First: 28
- Second: 32
- Third: 45
- Fourth: 65
- Fifth: 28 + 28 + 100
- (Hold): Begin Charging (drains stamina). CM:
- (Release) while standing still: Charged Smash (Can start Standard Attack chain)
- Charge Lv1: 19
- Charge Lv2: 38
- Charge Lv3: 15 + 76
- (Release) while jumping off of a ledge: Cannonball Spin (CM: 30 * number of hits + 100)
- (Release) while moving: Spinning Bludgeon (A spinning attack that can hit up to 5 times). (CM: 28 + 19 + 19 + 19 + 19 + 19 )
- After 1st spin of Spinning Bludgeon, : Spinning Side Smash (CM: 19)
- After 2nd or 3rd spin of Spinning Bludgeon, : Spinning Followup (CM: 56)
- After 4th or 5th spin of Spinning Bludgeon, : Spinning Strong Upswing (CM: 86)
- While holding , : Power Charge (Self buff, gives slight increase to damage and stun power, and slight hyper armor while charging, consumes the charge attack, lasts until weapon sheathed or hunter is staggered)
- Hold Charge Tier 2 or 3, then : A powerful slinger shot while charging that makes monsters flinch more easily.
- While charging, : Slinger Burst. (A powerful slinger shot while charging that makes monsters flinch more easily.)
Hammers are a type of Weapon in Monster Hunter World (MHW). This page shows a visual gallery of all different styles for Hammers. Weapons are often upgraded based on previous decisions, with different paths leading to different looks and necessitating different materials. You can find detailed upgrade path information in the Hammer Weapon Tree or by clicking each individual weapon below.
Iceborne Hammers are Master Rank Hammers in Monster Hunter World Iceborne (MHW). These rare 9 and above weapons were added with the Iceborne Expansion and can only be obtained by players who own the expansion. The weapons use Master Rank Materials that can be obtained by completing quests and doing endgame content.
|Water Basher IV||1092||0%||390||9|
|Aqua Flora +||1248||0%||540||10|
|Glacial Bash I -||1144||20%||330||10|
|Glacial Bash II||1248||25%||360||10|
|Naaga Matraca I -||1040||20%||450||9|
|Naaga Matraca II -||1248||20%||510||10|
|Nyx Hammer I||1144||0%||320||9|
|Nyx Hammer II||1248||0%||450||10|
|Buona Flora +||1092||0%||570||9|
|Hidden Breaker -||1092||10%||(330)||10|
|Hidden Breaker + -||1144||15%||(390)||10|
|Night Eternal -||1248||20%||(450)||11|
|Lightning Bash IV||1144||0%||330||9|
|Usurper's Thunder +||1300||0%||420||11|
|Earth Ender I||1196||0%||(450)||9|
|Earth Ender II||1300||0%||(450)||10|
|Earth Ender III||1456||0%||(450)||11|
|Baan Gavel I -||1196||0%||300||9|
|Baan Gavel II -||1300||0%||330||10|
|Striped Striker -||1300||-20%||(270)||10|
|Striped Striker + -||1404||-20%||(300)||10|
|Tigrex Hammer -||1456||-20%||(330)||11|
|Uragaan Hammer I||1300||0%||210||10|
|Uragaan Hammer II||1508||0%||240||10|
|Scorching Isshata +||1248||0%||270||10|
|Makhlab al-Nasr I -||1092||25%||(390)||9|
|Makhlab al-Nasr II -||1352||25%||(420)||10|
|Mammoth Hoof I||1248||0%||(330)||9|
|Mammoth Hoof II||1456||0%||(360)||10|
|Blackwing Deathblow I||1352||20%||210||10|
|Blackwing Deathblow II ??||????||??%||???||11|
|Diablos Shatterer III||1352||-25%||(210)||10|
|The Grinding Mallet||1508||0%||(330)||11|
|Barroth Crusher I||1248||-10%||(420)||9|
|Barroth Crusher II||1404||-10%||(450)||10|
|Dios Tailhammer -||1248||0%||300||10|
|Anja Fiercemaul I -||1196||-20%||480||9|
|Anja Fiercemaul II -||1404||-20%||600||10|
|Grinding Fulgur I -||1248||10%||300||10|
|Grinding Fulgur II||1300||20%||330||10|
|Dragonseal Basher I||1092||0%||540||10|
|Dragonseal Hammer II||1248||0%||660||11|
|Magda Floga Reforged||1456||-20%||450||11|
|Consummate Hammer -||1456||-30%||360||12|
Hammers Gallery MHW
Hammer Ore Weapons
Hammer Bone Weapons
Kulve Taroth Hammers