How Elderseal Works
Weapons that wield Dragon Damage have one of three levels of Elderseal - Low, Average, and High - indicating the rate at which the effect triggers. When Elderseal is triggered, an Elder Dragon will be briefly staggered and their special Aura will be dissipated for a short time. This has no effect on monsters that are not Elder Dragons.
The level of Elderseal wielded by a Weapon can be modified by the Elderseal Boost Skill.
Effects of Elderseal
- Kirin - Removes lightning armor
- Teostra & Lunastra - Reduces their flame aura level and removes their ability to use supernova
- Kushala Daora - Removes wind barrier
- Vaal Hazak & Blackveil Vaal Hazak - Reduces its effluvia charge
- Nergigante & Ruiner Nergigante - Makes its hardened black spikes break
- Xeno'jiiva - Reduces Rage-Mode duration
- Namielle - Puts Namielle in dry state
- Velkhana - Shatters Ice armor
- Safi'jiiva - Increases Energy Consumption, leading to faster draining
Sources of Elderseal
The following Weapons can inflict Elderseal on Elder Dragons. All Weapons in the Dragonbone branch of each Weapon Tree wield Dragon Damage. All Safi'jiiva Weapons.