How Elderseal Works
Weapons that wield Dragon Damage have one of three levels of Elderseal - Low, Average, and High - indicating the rate at which the effect triggers. When Elderseal is triggered, an Elder Dragon will be briefly staggered and their special Aura will be dissipated for a short time. A normal monster will be forced out of their enraged state when Elder seal is triggered.
The level of Elderseal wielded by a Weapon can be modified by the Elderseal Boost Skill.
Effects of Elderseal
- Kirin - Removes lightning armor
- Teostra & Lunastra - Reduces their flame aura level and removes their ability to use supernova
- Kushala Daora - Removes wind barrier
- Vaal Hazak - Reduces his effluvia charge
- Nergigante - Makes his hardened black spikes break
- Xeno'jiiva - Reduces Rage-Mode duration
Sources of Elderseal
The following Weapons can inflict Elderseal on Elder Dragons. All Weapons in the Dragonbone branch of each Weapon Tree wield Dragon Damage.
In addition, while Light and Heavy Bowguns do not wield Dragon Damage, some can fire Dragon Ammo, which has a high chance of inflicting Elderseal.
Dragon Pods for the Slinger also inflict Elderseal, and can be found when dropped by Elder Dragons during combat.