Critical Element is a Skill in Monster Hunter World (MHW). This skill is activated by Set Bonuses: Rathalos Power, Rathalos Mastery and Velkhana Divinity.
Critical Element Effect
Critical Element has only 1 level
Critical hits granted by Affinity normally only affect Raw (Physical) Damage and not elemental damage. With this skill active, elemental damage will be increased by critical hits as well.
Elemental critical hits have a different multiplier depending on the weapon (IB values below):
- 1.50x: Greatsword, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Heavy Bowgun
- 1.35x: Longsword, Dual Blades, Sword and Shield, Charge Blade, Switch Axe, Lance, Gunlance, Insect Glaive, Bow
- 1.25x: Light Bowgun
For an upgraded version of this skill, see True Critical Element.
Equipment that grants Critical Element
Critical Element is a bonus skill obtained by
- Rathalos Power: Equipping any 3 pieces of the Rathalos Armor Set
- Rathalos Mastery: Equipping any 2 pieces of Rathalos Alpha Armor Set, Rathalos Beta Armor Set, Rath Soul Alpha Armor Set or Rath Soul Beta Armor Set
- Any Kjarr Weapons gained from "The Fury of El Dorado" siege or melding Incandescent Weapons with Kjaar Melding that has an Element on them
- Velkhana Divinity: Equipping any 2 pieces of Velkhana Alpha + Armor Set or Velkhana Beta + Armor Set
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Kinda bogus that they decided to restrict this skill to 3 armor sets, rathalos only gets it for low and high rank, then it gets shoehorned to velkana which most people rarely get the armor for. I liked it when it was on charms and decorations so you could min-max with a lot of hard work through hard heavy duty raw and elemental crits.
Critical Element : *1.35 ( *1.5 GS & HHorn ; 1.7 Hammer ) True C. Element : *1.55 ( *1.7 GS, HHorn & Hammer )
Would it be worth going for this with 2 piece Velk rather than 4 piece Silver Los since the difference isn't much and you get much better flexibility?
Is this good for an iceborer elemental general use lance build? I have this and crit eye 7 and odo for protective.
In iceborne critical element gives 1.35 for all weapons and 1.55 for true critical element.
Question: how strong would this skill be for a beatstick gunlance (mostly normal attacks with occasional burst fire )
what if negative affinty
This is a strong power to have.
Dumb question - Can you stack this effect? Both Rathalos sets have it, and so does the Azure Star(?), so can you get two tiers of it via a mixed set? I doubt you can but that would be pretty neat
Yes and No, because Status and Element are different things, but if you have skills/weapons that somehow allow you to do both, it will work to allow the effects to both crit separately. However, I don't think there is a way to be doing both types of damage since it's based off of your weapon.
Do Critical Boost decos stack with this skill? If I had 3/3 "critical" decos which puts my (crit damage at 140%), will this stack ont op of Critical Element damage to increase critical damage even further?
If I have three armor pieces of the Zorah and two of azure rath does the effect stack?