Critical Element Effect
Critical Element has only 1 level
Elemental critical hits have a different multiplier in MHW depending on the weapon:
- 1.35x: Bow, Dual Blades, Sword and Shield
- 1.30x: Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun (see Elemental Damage for information on how this skill affects bowgun ammo)
- 1.25x: Longsword, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, Insect Glaive
- 1.20x: Greatsword
Early tests suggest that the multipliers range between 1.35x and 1.50x in Iceborne.
For an upgraded version of this skill, see True Critical Element.
Equipment that grants Critical Element
Critical Element is a bonus skill obtained by
- Rathalos Power: Equipping any 3 pieces of the Rathalos Armor Set
- Rathalos Mastery: Equipping any 2 pieces of Rathalos Alpha Armor Set, Rathalos Beta Armor Set, Rath Soul Alpha Armor Set or Rath Soul Beta Armor Set
- Any Kjarr Weapons gained from the "The Fury of El Dorado" event quest that has an Element on them
- Velkhana Divinity: Equipping any 2 pieces of Velkhana Alpha + Armor Set or Velkhana Beta + Armor Set