Tool Specialist is a Skill in Monster Hunter World (MHW).
Tool Specialist Effect
Tool Specialist is increased in level based on the amount of Equipment with this skill the hunter is using. Each level works as follows:
- Level 1: Shortens time until reuse by 10%
- Level 2: Shortens time until reuse by 20%
- Level 3: Shortens time until reuse by 30%
- Level 4: Shortens time until reuse by 40% (requires Tool Specialist Secret)
- Level 5: Shortens time until reuse by 50% (requires Tool Specialist Secret)
Equipment that grants Tool Specialist
You can increase the level of Tool Specialist by equipping the following items.
- Commission Gorget Alpha (x1)
- Commission Gorget Beta (x1)
- Empress Crown Alpha (x1)
- Death Garon Helm Alpha + (x1)
- Empress Crown Alpha + (x2)
- Empress Crown Beta + (x2)
- Tentacle Cowl Gamma + (x1)
- Rath Heart Mail Alpha (x2)
- Rath Heart Mail Beta (x1)
- Empress Mail Gamma (x1)
- Rath Heart Mail Alpha + (x2)
- Rath Heart Mail Beta + (x2)
- Tentacle Cloak Alpha + (x1)
- Tentacle Cloak Beta + (x1)
- Empress Coil Alpha (x2)
- Empress Coil Beta (x2)
- Artian Coil Alpha + (x2)
- Artian Coil Beta + (x1)
- Rath Heart Greaves Alpha (x1)
- Rath Heart Greaves Beta (x1)
- Rath Heart Greaves Alpha + (x1)
- Rath Heart Greaves Beta + (x1)
- Death Garon Greaves Alpha + (x2)
- Death Garon Greaves Beta + (x2)
- Empress Greaves Alpha + (x1)
- Empress Greaves Beta + (x1)
- Maintenance Charm I (x1)
- Maintenance Charm II (x2)
- Maintenance Charm III (x3)
- Maintenance Jewel 1 (x1)
- Footing/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Charger/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Enhancer/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Destroyer/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- KO/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Potential/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Wind Resist/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Draw/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Throttle/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Challenger/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Flawless/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Furor/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Mighty/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Brace/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Phoenix/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Earplug/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Critical/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Tenderizer/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Handicraft/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
- Release/Maintenance Jewel 4 (x1)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Pair this with the glider mantle and any other mantle for 100% uptime.
One of those 'quality of life' skills you never seem to be able to justify, but are always happy to have when you do.
Cutting mantle cooldown means being able to have mantles up pretty much all the time. Rocksteady and an elemental mantle have basically 100% uptime. Rock and Temporal have some gaps, but always feel like they're only moments away from each other. Offensive mantles like Impact or Apothecary feel way more user friendly. It's a fantastic skill, but be ready to give up something like Handicraft or Wide-Range to be able to fit it, or having to switch from Critical Eye to Weakness Exploit to afford the slot space.
does it work on my palico's plunder blade?
rose arms armor piece gives 3 points of Tool specialist
Added note regarding tool specialist on mantle slots: It will affect other mantle/tools on cooldown, even if you are switching directly to other mantles. The cooldown of the other tools will adjust in ratio accordingly to their remaining cooldown For example, you have a tool on 100 seconds left cooldown. Then you equipped a mantle which add 2 level of tool specialist (20%), the other item would need 80 seconds instead to fill its current cooldown. Suppose you de-equip the mantle after 50 seconds, the other tool's cooldown would be left at 40 seconds remaining.
How does tool specialist work when slotted into mantle slots?
tool specialist secret appears to be from lunastra+ gear
Does it affect Palico gear?