Focus is a Skill in Monster Hunter World (MHW).
Focus is increased in level based on the amount of Equipment with this skill the hunter is using. Each level works as follows:
- Level 1: Increases gauge fill rate by 5% and reduces charge times by 5%.
- Level 2: Increases gauge fill rate by 10% and reduces charge times by 10%.
- Level 3: Increases gauge fill rate by 20% and reduces charge times by 15%.
Focus Effect applies to:
- Switch Axes (Sword Amp)
- Great Swords (Charge Speed)
- Charge Blades (Phial Charge)
- Long Swords (Spirit Gained)
- Heavy/Light Bowgun (Wyvern Attack cooldowns and Charge Times)
- Dual Blades (Archdemon Mode)
- Gunlance (Charged Shelling)
- Sword and Shield (Back Hop)
- Hammers (Charge Speed)
- Bows (Charge Speed)
Equipment that grants Focus
You can increase the level of Focus by equipping the following items.
- Harvest Flor (x1)
- Harvest Flor Alpha (x1)
- Diablos Nero Helm Alpha (x2)
- Diablos Nero Helm Beta (x1)
- Jyura Helm Alpha + (x1)
- Jyura Helm Beta + (x1)
- Glavenus Helm Alpha + (x2)
- Glavenus Helm Beta + (x1)
- Damascus Mail Alpha (x2)
- Damascus Mail Beta (x2)
- Kushala Cista Alpha (x1)
- Hoarcry Mail Alpha + (x2)
- Hoarcry Mail Beta + (x2)
- Damascus Mail Alpha + (x2)
- Damascus Mail Beta + (x2)
- Azure Age Haori Alpha + (x1)
- Death Stench Grip (x1)
- Death Stench Grip Alpha (x2)
- Death Stench Grip Beta (x2)
- Diablos Nero Vambraces Alpha (x1)
- Diablos Nero Vambraces Beta (x1)
- Kestodon Guards Alpha (x1)
- Rath Soul Braces Alpha (x1)
- Rath Soul Braces Beta (x1)
- Kushala Grip Gamma (x2)
- Kestodon Guards Alpha + (x2)
- Kestodon Guards Beta + (x1)
- Glavenus Braces Alpha + (x1)
- Glavenus Braces Beta + (x1)
- Azure Age Sleeve Alpha + (x2)
- Damascus Coil Alpha (x1)
- Damascus Coil Beta (x1)
- Rathalos Coil Alpha (x1)
- Death Stench Bowels Alpha (x1)
- Rathalos Coil Alpha + (x2)
- Hoarcry Coil Alpha + (x1)
- Damascus Coil Alpha + (x1)
- Damascus Coil Beta + (x1)
- Jyura Greaves (x1)
- Jyura Greaves Alpha (x2)
- Jyura Greaves Beta (x1)
- Rath Soul Greaves Alpha (x1)
- Rath Soul Greaves Beta (x1)
- Jyura Greaves Alpha + (x2)
- Jyura Greaves Beta + (x1)
- Stygian Greaves Alpha + (x2)
- Stygian Greaves Beta + (x2)
- Focus Charm I (x1)
- Focus Charm II (x2)
- Focus Charm III (x3)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
PotFriend do this irl
This needs to be updated, diablos set has nothing to do with focus
i wish this worked with HH too make your songs play faster
I used to hate great sword before I got this skill. That small boost to the charge speed just makes all the difference.
Is there more than just a charger 2 decoration or is there more but it doesn’t say. If there is more please if you know any, respond by commenting them.
Glavenus' head also gives it.
Bows should be added to the list since it speeds up charges
Does this work for speeding up with the lance
Does this work with the great sword true charge
They’ve since nerfed the focus skill to reducing charge times to 15% rather than the old 20% it used to be.
Focus works with very well with GS
Will this increase the stamina recharge of kinsects?
Go-to on Charge blade : - 20% on charge phials - 20% on charge sword/shield animation - 20% on super amped element discharge animation The difference on charging is pretty impressive, and only one charged double dash can be enough to fully charge the weapon.
Death Stench Bowels Alpha hyperlink has an extra + at the end of it causing it to be a broken link.
Not worth it for Dragon Piercer when you can aim-dodge to go up charge levels, I'll be using that space for Evade and Stamina boosts instead.
Does it work with spirit blade?
Does the skill speed up the charge bar of Dual Blades?
testing on the HMG wyvernsnipe. default recharge time is 1:30. with lvl3 focus it cut recharge time down 15 seconds.
Researching if there was a focus jewel thank god I found out there is. A guy put up a screen shot, its a lvl 2 jewel.
Would Focus work on Hammers?
Very curious about how it affects CB "super amped element discharge" and "charged elemental slash" (R2 circle + hold triangle).
Does it affect the speed of its execution? because it is "charging" animation (insert sword to charged shield) before unleashing the move. If so, I kinda understand why all end CB sets use focus skill.
But if it only inc the phial charging speed, then somewhat waste since 2 charged circle "sword double slash" can easily get full phial already at base.
This does not affect dragon Piercer
This does make me think; would it work on both the switch axe's auto filling meter for sword mode and the vial awakening meter?
Wanna put this out there if it's unknown, this does affect the Heavy Bowgun's Special Ammo 'reloading' time. Can reduce Wyvernsnipe's cooldown from 80 seconds to 64 with Focus 3. Unsure about the Light Bowgun's mines but I'd assume it works for them as well.
Does this work with Gunlance's Wyvern Fire?
It takes Wyrmheart HBG 250 seconds to recharge fully (4m 10s). Using lvl 1 focus, which is 5% cdr, it should in theory reduce wymheart recharge by 12.5 seconds making it 237.5 recharge or 3m 57.5 sconds. ~ After test I have concluded that Focus does indeed work with HBG Wyrmheart. I have consistently landed on 3 mins 57 seconds recharge with lvl 1 Focus.
It takes 60 second for a single charge of wyrmblast to recharge. This is also the same amount of time it takes for a charge of wyrmblast to expire once placed if not used. Also Focus armour skill affects wyrmblast. Using Focus lvl 1, 5% coolddown on weapons with guage or charge, it reduces the recharge time for wyrmblast charges to 57 seconds. I have been able to replicate this several times. Also basic math 5% of 60 is 3, so saves 3 seconds.
Does this work with the Heavy bowgun's 'Wyvernheart' ability?
Does this work with charge blade charge attack when holding circle?
will this work with bow dragon piercer?