Flashfly is an Endemic Life creature and an Environmental Hazard in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals and insects are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
Wow, this puppy's BRIGHT! Even a large monster would be stunned by it, I'm sure. It's like a living Flash Bomb...with wings!
You can find Flashfly in:
- Ancient Forest, sector 2 in the Great Jagras nest
- Wildspire Waste, sector 8 in the underground area near the Diablos nest
- Coral Highlands, sector ?
- Rotten Vale, sector ?
- Elder's Recess, sector 15 behind the south wall that Nergigante sometimes destroys
You can capture Flashfly by using the infinite item "capture net" then aiming for the creature with the control's trigger and pressing Square on your controller when the outline of the frame turns orange.
- House placing: Carpet, Floor, Hearth, Garden, Sky
- Other rewards: 12 RP
- Sizes: 82.02 - 87.26
- Hunters can activate the Flashfly in the field to make it explode and stun Monsters. See Environment and Hazards for more information.
- Capturing a flashfly in the air will be added to your list of endemic life caught, while capturing one at rest will be added to your inventory. Additionally, flying flashfliess can be activated by firing at them, but this has no affect on stationary ones.