|Location||Caverns of El Dorado|
Tsuchinoko is an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals and insects are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
Jeepers, talk about strange with a capital S. Its elastic body, and odd skin... I think I've heard fairy tales about this thing before...
You can find Tsuchinoko in:
- Caverns of El Dorado, Sector 1
Tsuchinoko scuttles along the ground, similar to the Gold Helmcrab. However, it is smaller and moves faster, so it is easy to tell when you've found a Tsuchinoko.
Tsuchinoko Capturing Rewards
You can capture Tsuchinoko by using the infinite item "capture net" then aiming for the creature with the control's trigger and pressing Square on your controller when the outline of the frame turns orange.
- House placing: Carpet, Floor, Hearth, Garden
- Other rewards: 500 RP
- This creature was added with the Kulve Taroth update (Patch 3.0).
- The creature resembles a cross between a snake and a stingray, and moves around like a worm. Strange, to say the least. It is actually closely based on the Japanese Cryptid of the same name.
- This creature is not necessary to unlock the Wild, Wild, Wildlife Guild Card background.
- This creature gets the special border for rare animals in the Endemic Life portion of the Field Guide. It is classified as Terrestrial Life.
- Since this creature lives in the Caverns of El Dorado, which are only accessible during the Kulve Taroth event, it is only available for capture for a limited time.