Moly is an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals and insects are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World. There are currently 7 variants of moly, one for each region of the guiding lands. The mossy moly (Ancient Forest), rocky moly (Wildspire Waste), fluffy moly (Coral Highlands), spiny moly (Rotten Vale), the rowdy moly (Elders Recess), and the frosty moly (Hoarfrost Reach). The normal moly can appear in regions at level three and the unique variants at level 5 or greater. However, they can spawn at level 1 with the Felyne Zookeeper/Biologist skill.
Don't be fooled by the sleepy face on these critters! Some say they're the ones who shaped the landscape of the Guiding Lands.
You can find Moly in:
- Guiding Lands, Area 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14
Moly Capturing Rewards
You can capture Moly by using the infinite item "capture net" then aiming for the creature with the control's trigger and pressing Square on your controller when the outline of the frame turns orange. If a moly is burrowing, it can be forced out with a screamer pod.
- House placing: Moly Pipe
- Other rewards: 600 RP
- "These critters seem slow and sleepy, but their burrowing skills are second to none."
- They are easily startled if you approach them without a ghillie mantle and will dive underground to flee. However, one or two of them will typically pop back up for a brief moment before burrowing away.
- The room item 'Moly Pipe' will automatically be placed in your Seliana room when you enter the first time after capturing a Moly. You can then place a Moly as usual through the pets menu, but only Molies can be assigned to the pipe.
- Sizes: ♕ 71.54 ~ ♕ 106.42