|Location||Caverns of El Dorado|
GOLD HELMCRAB is an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals and insects are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
Wowzers, even Helmcrabs have gone gold! Is it holding... a Dragon Pod!? Guess when you gotta eat, you gotta eat!
You can find Gold Helmcrab in:
- Caverns of El Dorado, Sector 1 and Sector 2
Gold Helmcrabs are found along the floors of the Caverns of El Dorado in large groups. If you can't find any in Sector 1, there will be a pack at the start of Sector 2 directly in front of you as you chase Kulve Taroth.
You can capture Gold Helmcrab by using the infinite item "capture net" then aiming for the creature with the control's trigger and pressing Square on your controller when the outline of the frame turns orange.
- House placing: Carpet, Floor, Hearth, Garden
- Other rewards: 14 RP
- This creature is a gilded version of the typical Helmcrab. It was added in the Kulve Taroth update (Patch 3.0).
- When you stand near a Gold Helmcrab, an interact prompt will appear. Activating it will have you kick the crab, and it will leave behind a Dragon Pod.
- This creature is not necessary to unlock the Wild, Wild, Wildlife Guild Card background.
- Since this creature lives in the Caverns of El Dorado, which are only accessible during the Kulve Taroth event, it is only available for capture for a limited time.