Downy Crake is an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
You caught a Downy Crake!? They've been seen on the backs of monsters before, but you're the first person EVER to catch one!
Downy Crake Location
You can find Downy Crake in:
- Ancient Forest, sector 1 and 8 on the back of Aptonoth
- Wildspire Waste, sector 1, 4 and 8 on the back of Apceros
- Coral Highlands, sector 11, 13, on the back of Grandfather Mantagrell
- They rarely spawn as a group on top of a random aptonoth or apceros. They like to appear when their host isn't on your screen so look away and listen until you hear their chirping. Use the Ghillie Mantle and crouching to ensure they don't flee as you get close, and/or use a flash pod to stun them. It's possible to catch more than one in one net throw. Reports suggest they are more likely to spawn during dawn and day. Though they can spawn no matter the time or type of weather.
Downy Crake Capturing Rewards
You can capture Downy Crake by using the infinite item "capture net" then aiming for the creature with the control's trigger and pressing Square on your controller when the outline of the frame turns orange.
- House placing: Carpet, Floor, Hearth, Pot, Garden
- Other rewards: 200 RP, Snuggles for All Medal (Capture a fluffy, snuggly creature.)
Downy Crake Notes
- Target of the Research Help: Phantom Bird critical bounty in the Ancient Forest, need to capture 1 of them after receiving the bounty.
- TIP: Leave your Palico behind that way it spawned way more often.