Bristly Crake is an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
Great jumping Jagras! A Bristly Crake!? The fleet-footed bird of legend...right before my very eyes! Someone pinch me...
You can find Bristly Crake in:
- Rotten Vale: Sectors 3-5 and 15. Rarely spawns on the back of Mosswine. In sectors 3-5 it is all the way to the left after leaving camp 1, near a crawling tunnel. In sector 15 it wanders above the Goldenfish pond in the dead end tunnel with the honey gathering point. If it spots the player here, it'll try to flee and may get stuck at the end of the path for an easy catch.
- Elder's Recess: Sectors 5 and 11. Spawns on the back of a Gastodon.
- The Guiding Lands: Sector 12 (Rotten Vale biome) on top of a Soldier Helmcrab.
Since it flees easily after being spotted by either the Crake itself or the host, the use of the Ghillie Mantle is highly recommended.
You can capture Bristly Crake by using the infinite item "Capture Net" then aiming for the creature with the control's trigger and pressing Square on your controller when the outline of the frame turns orange.
- House placing: Carpet, Floor, Hearth, Pot, Garden.
- Iceborne House placing: Hot Springs, F1 Floor, F2 Floor, F2 Railing.
- Other rewards: 800 RP, Bristles for All Medal (Capture a stiff, bristly creature)
- Can be placed as a Pet in your room.
- In Rotten Vale, fast traveling back and forth between camps 1 and 11 can cause it to spawn.
- In Elder's Recess, beginning at camp 16 and going through sectors 12, 11, 10, 7, and 5 allows for a quick run over the Gastodon's habitats. There are two groups in sector 11 and one in sector 5.
- It is NOT required to leave the Palico at camp. Wearing the Ghillie Mantle will hide both of you.
- Can Also be Captured/traded from plunderers with Paw-Swap.
- Sizes: ♕ ?? ~ ♕ 81.90