I wonder if what the Witcher said was true... Do Nekkers really grow vicious when in a swarm? I think there's a place where we can test this...
You can find Nekker in:
- Ancient Forest: Only available at NIGHTIME, comes to feed off a Great Jagras near its nest.
- You must have completed Contract: Trouble in the Ancient Forest, and you must talk to the Resource Center to obtain a Critical bounty (Research Help: Creature Capture)
How to Capture the Nekker
Firstly, check your hunter’s notebook under unclassified life to find the Nekker entry. It will imply that the Nekker is not hunting and instead is foraging in Ancient Forest after dark. The best way to get all the right conditions is by undertaking the Optional Quest: Hard to Swallow. Taking this quest will check off the 3 conditions we need:
- Quest/Expedition in the Ancient Forest
- A Great Jagras
- Night time
Proceed taking quests and leaving from them until you get a dusk time (sunset). Start a Hard to Swallow then go back to Astera until it hits night time. Leave your Palico behind for precaution and make sure you bring your Ghillie Mantle. Select Camp 1 and start the quest. Head to Quadrant 1 and wait for the Great Jagras to come to the area. Leave him be allowing him to eat and grow fat.
Stalk the Great Jagras from a distance as he head back to his nest. Put on your Ghillie mantle and stay near the entrance of the nest and gaze upon the Great Jagras puking up some meat for the Jagras. The Nekker should also spawn in and rush over to the wet meat greedily eating. Capture him with the Capture Net and complete the quest.
Nekker Capturing Rewards
You can capture Nekker by using the infinite item "capture net" then aiming for the creature with the control's trigger and pressing Square on your controller when the outline of the frame turns orange.
- House placing: Carpet, Floor, Hearth, Garden
- Other rewards: 800 Research Points, Nekker Card (Weapon) x1, Nekker Card (Armor) x1
- Check out The Witcher 3 Nekker version.
- "A creature from another world. A lone nekker is harmless, but five are dangerous... Or so they say."