Burst Arowana is an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals and insects are found out in the field and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
This fish is literally bursting with explosive chemicals! It hides in weedy shallows, but it'll run away if you wiggle your bait!
You can find Burst Arowana in:
- Ancient Forest, sector 1, 11
- Wildspire Waste, sector 1, 10
- Coral Highlands, sector 6, 11
- Rotten Vale, sector 9, 10
- Elder's Recess, sector 8 in the Eastern Camp
- Hoarfrost Reach, sector 8, 9
- Guiding Lands, sector 7, ?
You can capture Burst Arowana by using the Fishing Rod. Using Baitbugs or Arowana Bait makes them easier to catch.
- House placing: Pond / Aquarium
- Other rewards: 18 RP, Burst Arowana Scale (180 RP, Great Burst Arowana Scale if Great Size)
- Sizes: ♛ 99.58~ ♛ 135.67
- Large Gold Crown Conditions: Clear Night Time
- Great Burst Arowana does not count as a Large Crown
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I somehow caught a gold crown one in Ancient Forest Area 1 while it was raining at night.
Coral 6 got lots of of them if you aim for the Gold Crown
At the same time you can also keep an eye out for the Gold Crown Dabber since there are tons of coral birds on the way starting from area 1
got mine in ancient forest at 11, there are two spots with a group of them down there both at the far end. started at night but it was well into day when i picked up the large gold crown
Found my Gold Crown in Guiding Lands / Ancient Forest, daytime, clear weather. Was running Zoologist food skill but no Macrozoologist.
large crown 135.67, coral area 6 very bottom, wear ghillie to not scare fish when you land in the water
Does NOT need to be night time to get a gold crown in Coral Highlands area 6. I just caught mine, and in the upper left of the UI is a sun. Sun is out in every above ground zone. Fast Travel shows daytime for all zones.
On the bottom of area 6 in Coral Highlands there is a lot of Burst Arowana. Its a little trick since you got your feet in the water, scaring the fishes.
In Coral Highlands, it can also be found in a cave under area 6
Spelling mistake in locations, spelled sector "sectocr"