Arrowhead Gekkos are an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals and insects are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
These guys eat the bugs that gather around nutritious nuts. So it's as if their arrow-shaped heads point straight to bug buffets!
Arrowhead Gekko Location
You can find Arrowhead Gekkos in:
- Ancient Forest, Area 11, 17 (treetop, near Blue Diva spawn point)
- Wildspire Waste, Area 5, 15
- Coral Highlands, Area 9
- Rotten Vale, Area 10, 1 (During upsurge of ancient fossils, there's a slope that goes down to area 6, the Gekko and rare fossil are right before the drop)
- Elder's Recess, Area 16, 8
Notes: Arrowhead Gekko only spawns in the map when the area's Locale Info has some rare Account Item gathering points, e.g. during Flourishing: Fruits and Upsurge: Pearl Oyster. It appears near the rare gathering point and guides the hunter to the right place. It will stay in place for easy capturing until the point is gathered.
Arrowhead Gekko Capturing Rewards
You can capture Arrowhead Gekkos by using the infinite item Capture Net.
- House placing: 1F Floor, 2F Floor, Flower Bed
- The 'Friendly Pointer' trophy/achievement
- Other rewards: 400 RP
Arrowhead Gekko Notes
- "These lizards feed on the bugs that flock to fruit-bearing trees. Follow where their triangular heads point!"
- Sizes: ♕ 64.64 ~ ♕ 105.46
- Daytime: Any – but it’s only found at fruit-bearing trees, the ones that give you research points when harvesting them
- High possibility of spawn in the quest The Lord of the Underworld Beckons
- Despite being released alongside the Iceborne expansion, it cannot be found at Hoarfrost Reach