|Location||Caverns of El Dorado|
Gold Scalebat is an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW). These animals and insects are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
These scales reflect the light so perfectly, they look like pure gold! I thought Scalebats only liked the dark, but these babies wanted to shine!
Gold Scalebat Location
You can find Gold Scalebat in:
- Caverns of El Dorado, Sector 1 and Sector 2
You can find Gold Scalebats hanging around like typical Scalebats in the upper levels Sector 1, or you can go to the slide to Sector 2 (climb up from the camp), where there will be a bunch of them.
Gold Scalebat Capturing Rewards
You can capture Gold Scalebat by using the infinite item "capture net" then aiming for the creature with the control's trigger and pressing Square on your controller when the outline of the frame turns orange.
- House placing: Entryway, Sky
- Other rewards: 11 RP
- This creature is a gilded version of the typical Scalebat. It was added in the Kulve Taroth update (Patch 3.0).
- This creature is not necessary to unlock the Wild, Wild, Wildlife Guild Card background.
- Unlike the other creatures added in the Kulve Taroth update (see Tsuchinoko, Gold Helmcrab , and Copper Calappa), the Gold Scalebat was placed with its normal counterpart in the Field Guide. The other animals were tacked on to the end of the list.
- This creature is also the only Airborne Life to be added with the Kulve Taroth update. The others were Terrestrial Life.
- Since this creature lives in the Caverns of El Dorado, which are only accessible during the Kulve Taroth event, it is only available for capture for a limited time.