Felynes are small bipedal cat creatures. They are sentient, and form small tribal communities in the wilderness but many felynes join human communities and usually work as servants, cooks and craftsmen. Felynes that accompany hunters are called Palicoes.
|Roles||Buffs, Debuffs, DPS, Gathering|
Palicoes are a cat-like combat companion in Monster Hunter World. As hunters' reliable comrades out in the field, they specialize in a variety of offensive, defensive, and restorative support abilities. The hunter's Palico joins the Fifth Fleet with pride, as much a bona fide member of the Commission as any other hunter.
You only get one Palicoe. The one you customize during character creation will be the only companion Palicoe. Others will be in the Town or Players Housing but do not accompany the Hunter.
Palicoes are reliable comrades while out on the hunt. They'll support you in numerous ways during quests, from attacking monsters to utilizing useful gadgets.
Palicoes in MHW
- Palicoes can be outfitted with Weapons and Armor that you make for them in Crafting
- They can be leveled up according to traits and roles you wish for them to serve
- In combat, they can support you with offensive and defensive maneuvers
- They can serve as harvesting helpers for gathering Items in the wild
- They can communicate with local wild cats and convince them to help hunters by setting traps
- Only one Palico can be brought on a quest, but the Palico can temporarily recruit wild cats and small monsters to help
- Palicoes can be equiped with gadgets that give powerful bonuses on command
- Vigorwasp Spray: The Palico pulls out a vigorwasp and rides it towards the hunter. It then explodes, healing the hunter.
- Acquired by: Starter Gadget.
- Flashfly Cage: The Palico pulls out a cage with a flashfly in it. The hunter can then hit the cage to create a large flash. (
- Acquired by: Bugtrapper Clan Quest in Ancient Forest.
- Shieldspire: The Palico pulls out a shield with a face on it. The Palico then taunts the monster into attacking it while using the shield to stay alive. (
- Acquired by: Protector Quest in Wildspire Waste.
- Coral Orchestra: The Palico pulls out a Coral Instrument. The Palico then plays one of several songs that applies a buff (e.g. Attack Up, Defense Up, Bleeding Resistance, Stamina Drain Down).
- Acquired by: Troupper Quest in Coral Highlands.
- Plunderblade: The Palico pulls out a plunderblade and snacthes items from monsters (e.g. scales, fangs ...).
- Acquired by: Plunderer Quest in Rotten Vale.
- Meowlatov Cocktail: The Palico pulls out a ceramic pot and throws it at monster causing it to explode and deal damage.
- Acquired by: Gajalaka Quest in Elder's Recess.
Palico Weapons in Monster Hunter World (MHW) are used by Palicoes to attack and deal damage to Monsters. Palico Weapons are handled a bit different than player Weapons and there are much fewer to choose from. Below is a list of Palico Weapons in Monster Hunter World.
Palico Weapons (MHW)
|Name & Icon||Rarity|
|Felyne Acorn Spade||1||2||2||Severing||None||0%||-|
|Felyne Bone Hammer||1||4||2||Blunt||None||0%||-|
|Felyne Jag Gunhammer||1||5||3||Blunt||None||0%||-|
|Felyne Kulu Lute||1||3||5||Blunt||None||10%||-|
|Felyne Pukei Bow||2||4||6||Blunt||Poison 80||0%||-|
|Felyne Iron Sword||2||2||4||Severing||None||0%||-|
|Felyne Barroth Mace||2||12||8||Blunt||None||-20%||+5|
|Felyne Jyura Sword||2||7||6||Severing||Water 100||0%||-|
|Felyne Kadachi Fork||2||6||5||Severing||Thunder 140||10%||-|
|Felyne Anja Bonehammer||3||14||12||Blunt||Fire 160||-30%||-|
|Felyne Rathian Rapier||3||10||8||Severing||Poison 90||0%||-|
|Felyne Lumu Pawpads||3||10||12||Blunt||None||0%||-|
|Felyne Baan Ball||3||10||8||Blunt||Sleep 55||0%||+5|
|Kitty-of-the-Valley Rod||3||10||8||Blunt||Paralysis 55||0%||-|
|Felyne Legiana Sword||4||8||8||Severing||Ice 180||0%||-|
|Felyne Garon Chainblade||4||11||11||Severing||None||30%||-|
|Felyne Rathalos Blade||4||16||14||Severing||Fire 120||10%||-|