Master Rank is a feature of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (MHW) that introduces a new tier of equipment, quests and foes. Master Rank can only be achieved by owning the Iceborne Expansion and progressing Assigned Quests to finish the base game.
How to Unlock Master Rank
- You must own the Iceborne Expansion or the full game that includes Iceborne. Iceborne is paid content and not a free update.
- You must have the Iceborne content downloaded and your game fully patched.
- Players must complete the quest Land of Convergence (defeat the "last" monster of MHW).
- Players must be HR16 (Hunter Rank 16)
- Players must then speak to the Enthusiastic Fiver at Astera to go on an expedition with The Handler
- Master Rank unlocks as you arrive at Hoarfrost Reach.
- Master Rank leveling is gated by story progression.
- Guiding Lands must be raised to Tier 5 or above and a specific monster defeated to unlock the limit of Master Rank.
Master Rank Content
Master Rank Quests, Equipment and Monsters are only available to players with the Iceborne Expansion. However, players with the expansion can join quests of High Rank players with their Master Rank equipment.
- Master Rank Assignments
- Master Rank Optional Quests
- Master Rank Investigations
- Master Rank Arena & Challenges
- Master Rank Event Quests
- Guiding Lands
- Master Rank Monsters
- Master Rank Armor
- Master Rank Weapons
- Master Rank Decorations
- Upgraded Specialized Tools and Mantles