|Sub-Areas||Southern Camp (1)
Eastern Camp (8)
Northwest Camp (16)
Elder's Recess is a Location in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Different areas of the game have a different look and feel, map and special unique monsters that spawn within them.
The Elder's Recess is a zone unlocked after diverting Zorah Magdaros away from the Everstream and then hunting down the Pink Rathian. Items such as the Firecell core can be found in mining nodes throughout the area.
Elder's Recess Quests
There are several quests that take you to this destination:
- After completing the Cultural Exchange: Gajalaka Linguistics II critical bounty, the player unlocks 5 shortcuts through the map (see Screenshot and Map section for more information)
- Endemic Life Researcher asks the player to capture a Bomb Beetle
- Piscine Researcher asks the player to catch a Platinumfish
- Lynian Researcher asks the player to find the Gajalaka Camp
Elder's Recess Monsters
The Monsters that inhabit the Elder's Recess are:
Large Monsters in Elder's Recess
- Seething Bazelgeuse
- Savage Deviljho
- Ebony Odogaron
- Fulgur Anjanath
- Kushala Daora
- Ruiner Nergigante
- Azure Rathalos
- Silver Rathalos
- Gold Rathian
- Brute Tigrex
- Stygian Zinogre
Elder's Recess Hazards & Materials
You will find the following Items & Materials for harvesting in this area:
- When the area is "Upsurge: Beryl Deposits", can harvest the Noahstone in sector 8
- When the area is "Upsurge: Amber Deposits", can harvest the Twilight Stone in sector 16
You will find the following Hazards:
- Extreme Heat (sectors 7, 10, 11, 12, 13) - slowly depletes the player HP, countered by drinking Cool Drink
- Lava (sectors 7, 10, 11, 12, 13) - depletes Health while standing in it
- Lava Spout (sector 7) regularly throws lava in the air, heavily damaging anything above it
- Breakable Walls (sector 15) - usually destroyed by Nergigante during a fight in its nest
- Paratoad (sector 2)
- Nitrotoad (sector 2, 11)
- Flashfly (sector 15, behind south breakable wall)
- Air Pressure (sector 4) - allows Hunters to perform aerial attacks with the Glider Mantle
- Suspended Boulders (sector 8)
- Wiggly Litchi (sector 2)
- Lava Wall (sector 12) - only open during a Teostra or Lunastra Quest or Investigation. This leads to sector 13.
Elder's Recess Screenshots & Videos
Screenshots and images of this area, as well as location videos go here.
What a shortcut entrance looks like:
Created by MisterTopside
Monster Hunter World Locations & Areas
It's like this location was specifically designed to turn any fight into annoying unfun bullshit
A "great" platinum fish is not a platinum fish. Interesting...
Brah, just farm some bones in ER. It takes about 3 runs to get a bone (for me)
What would be the best armor to wear when going into the Elder's recess?
What HR are you when you get here?
Anyone know where the azure rathalos spawns?
This is my favorite map
Not sure if tempered monsters count, but I've fought regular Rathalos here as well. Might want to add it to the list.