Sealord's Crestfish is an Endemic Life creature in Monster Hunter World (MHW) Iceborne. These animals and insects are found out in the field, and can be captured by dedicated Hunters looking to research the New World.
These beauties lurk at the bottom, save when surfacing to feed by night. They're so rare, they're said to be familiars of the sea god.
Sealord's Crestfish Location
You can find Sealord's Crestfish in:
- Hoarfrost Reach, Area 8
Sealord's Crestfish Capturing Rewards
You can catch Sealord's Crestfish by using the Fishing Rod.
- House placing: Aquarium, Pond
- The 'Submerged Mystery' trophy/achievement
- Research Points: 600 pts
Sealord's Crestfish Notes
- Description when caught: "These beauties lurk at the bottom, save when surfacing to feed by night. They're so rare, they're said to be familiars of the sea god."
- Jigging/wiggling bait attracts this fish
- Appears only on the nights.
The best area to confirm the sky clarity is from the Astera Tradeyard as you get a clear field of view while looking out to sea.
- Appears in the underground pool that Viper Tobi-Kachi rests in front of in Area 8.
- Has a spawn separate other than the three smaller fish that are normally in the pool.
- A Great Platinumfish can appear instead of the Sealord Crestfish.
- Despite some misconception, the ghillie mantle is not required to catch this fish
- They can be caught with regular fishing bait, but bait bugs are recommended
- Sizes: ♕ 266.20 ~ ♕ 386.31