Tempered monsters in Monster Hunter World (MHW) are special creatures found in special quests. These monsters deal more damage and have more health than their High Rank versions. Arch-Tempered monsters deal more damage and have more health than their Tempered versions.
Players will find Tempered tracks while exploring, but will not see the associated monster until they go into their investigations. Scout Flies will show Tempered monster tracks the same color as if they were tracking an Elder Dragon.
- Tempered monsters (purple Aura) still have the same attacks and movement paths as Low and High Rank versions in their respective areas.
- Arch-Tempered Monsters (orange Aura) have the same attacks with usually one or more different attacks. Generally have more health and damage.
- Tempered and Arch-Tempered monsters, Except Elder Dragons, can be captured
- See the Event Quests List for Arch-Tempered Monster quests.
- Special Equipment can be obtained from completing Arch-Tempered quests, such as unlocking Layered Armor or obtaining materials for crafting the "Gamma" version of some Armor Sets.
Tempered Monster Levels
Tempered Level 1
|Pink Rathian (Master Rank)|
Tempered Level 2
Tempered Level 3
|Zorah Magdaros (Event-exclusive)|
|Kulve Taroth (Event-exclusive)|
|Blackveil Vaal Hazak|
|Frostfang Barioth (Event-exclusive)|
|Furious Rajang (Event-exclusive)|