The fully-grown form of Xeno'jiiva. It absorbs energy from its environment to heal itself and change the ecosystem.
Safi'jiiva Details & Locations
- Found in: Secluded Valley
- Target of Quests: Safi'jiiva Siege, The Red Dragon
- Is hostile when approached
- Size: This monster's size does not vary and is always 4799.78.
- Species: Elder Dragons
- HP: 40,000
- Head: 26,250
- Back: 525
- Chest: 7,000
- Forelegs: 18,375 each
- Hindlegs: 8,750 each
- Wings: 4,200 each
- Tail: 19,250
Safi'jiiva Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head/Neck/Chest
- Orange: Body/Hindlegs
- White: Wings/Frontlegs
- Green: Tail
- Enraged mode: In Phase 2 and 3 Safi`jiiva begins attacking much more aggressivly, when the hunters fail to keep its attention.
- In it´s Supercritical State all body parts become much more susceptible to damage.
- Safi'jiiva's limbs will always tenderize after one Clutch Claw attack, no matter the weapon used.
Safi'jiiva requires special strategies in order to defeat
- Environmental Attacks
The perimeter of the 1st Level features several spots that can be used to greatly deplete Safi'jiiva's energy. Stagger Safi'jiiva and drive it out to the edges, where you can use the environment to your advantage.
- The southern part of the area (next to the cliff) will trap Safi'jiiva with vines for about 20 Seconds
- The northern part has two boulders that can be dropped on Safi'Jiiva with a Slinger Shot for massive Damage
- Safi'jiiva's Movement
Safi'jiiva will doggedly focus its attacks on the hunter that deals the most damage to it. When it's focused on a hunter, it is more likely to use highly energy-consuming attacks, so take advantage of this chance to reduce its energy.
- Drawing Safi'jiiva's Attacks
The hunter that Safi'jiiva is focusing on can draw its attacks by continuously attacking it. If the hunter fails at keeping its attention, Safi'jiiva will enter a much more dangerous, aggressive state. Hunters who are not being focused on can perform flinch shots on its head to draw its focus, so hunters with superior defensive skills can help turn the tide of battle.
- You will notice that you gained Safi's attention by the red line connecting you and Safi'Jiiva. The handler also makes a statement.
- The music will also change.
- Avoiding Safi'jiiva Ultimate Attack
Safi'jiiva can unleash a massive area-clearing attack that can cause you to faint in one shot, and cannot be dodged normally. The attack has a long build-up, so once you see it coming, take shelter behind obstacles in the environment.
- The Rocks are marked on the Minimap. New Rocks/Crags will occasionally fall down from the ceiling in the third phase.
- You can't use the Dragoon Jump (FFXIV-Crossover event) to dodge the explosion.
- The Temporal Mantle will not save you either.
- The "long" build-up gets much shorter once you enter the third phase of the fight In this phase, the Crags also break every time Safi does this attack.
Attacks to look out for:
Xeno'Jiiva 2.0: Safi'Jiiva will break its forelegs in the ground, very similar to Xeno'Jiiva, creating a massive explosion around him. This time however, the explosion is followed up by a second detonation with a larger blast radius afterwards.
Dual Beam Attack: Safi will shoot a beam at one hunter. The beam will simply knock down the hunter for a short time and deal low damage. However, it is followed up by a much more devastating beam attack shortly after the hunter gets back up. The hunter should immediately roll away since the second beam doesn't track.
Charged Beam: Safi'Jiiva will open its mouth to charge a beam attack, indicated by a blue glow. While Safi is charging, it will track the movement of its target. The target should move eraddically, switching directions multiple times to throw of Safi's tracking
Deadly Pin: Safi will lunge at a hunter with his head lowered. If this connects, the hunter will be pinned. Safi then proceeds to grab the hunter with its mouth, following up with several beam attacks. If not healed by teammates, this will almost completely drain the hunters health, plus it might set them on fire for good measure. This can actually decrease the HP to one, however it won't faint the hunter on its own. The following attacks or the fireblight will finish of the Hunter though. Bring Lifepowder for this specific situation. The grab can also be interrupted with a well aimed flashpod.
Tips while fighting Safi'Jiiva:
Health Boost 3 recommended
Partbreaker 3 is a extremely useful to more easily break Safi'jiiva's limbs.
Poison will be very effective at reducing Safi'Jiivas health, but will give you less time to break limbs to gain points.
Anything below purple sharpness has the risk of being deflected, so try to have as much as possible or the Skill Minds' Eye. Experience indicates that white sharpness tends to deflect only from the hindlegs and underbelly between the hindlegs, although weakening these parts negates deflection. Despite this, teams should make it a priority to keep the parts being hit weakened regardless of sharpness.
Tenderize Safi'jiiva's bodyparts before attacking to avoid deflection and to deal more damage
Safi'jiiva is completely immune to the Coral Sonicgong, the Shieldspire and any form of traps. The Meowlotov Cocktail works, but doesn't deal much damage. There are also no Tailraiders in the Area. Ultimately, going in solo is not advised.
It takes exactly 10 shots of sleep 1 ammo to put it to sleep for the first time.
You want to break as many parts of Safi'Jiiva's body as possible to get the maximum rewards out of the Siege
Poison will deal great damage to Safi'jiiva, but it doesn't contribute to breaking any part. Generally avoid using poison until you have broken most parts
In Phase 3, each gas traps deal 1000 damage, but it doesn't contribute to breaking any parts. Generally avoid luring/triggering gas traps until you have broken most of Safi's body parts.
Stop attacking parts that have already been broken and switch to different parts
Here is a quick summary to what weapon is useful on what parts.
Head: Blunt Weapons
Chest: Until Safi'jiiva enters supercritical state, no weapon is useful, and once it has entered supercritical state, every weapon works.
Back: Anything that can mount Safi'jiiva easily as the Back will break in approximately 2 mounts, Insect Glaive works great for this.
Forelegs: Cutting Weapons.
- Hindlegs: Blunt Weapons.
Tail: Cutting Weapons
Both Lances will be very effective at keeping Safi's attention while also dealing great damage to the head. Try to keep him still but watch out for the pin.
If you are running Insect Glaive, save your mounts for the second and third phase. There are easier ways to knock down Safi'Jiiva in the first phase.
Finally, after defeating Safi'jiiva, you will get Safi'jiiva weapons. Complete the siege and talk to the Quest Giver in the Gathering Hub. You will get to chose out of a random selection of Weapons, the better you did in the siege, the more weapons you can take. One of the weapons will always match the weapon type you have equipped when talking to the Questgiver.
Safi'Jiiva Energy Management
Understanding Safi'jiiva's energy mechanic is the key to significantly speed up the Safi'jiiva hunt (which is almost necessary since you only have 20 minutes).
Safi'Jiiva has exactly 40000 health and an energy deposit of 10000 Units (EU for short)
Every time Safi'jiiva's HP drop below a certain amount or its energy reserves significantly decrease, it will absorb energy out of the area it is currently in, restoring its HP and refilling its energy reserve. To not go into extreme depth, a more detailed guide can be found on Reddit (Safi Siege Mechanics: In-Depth Explanation)
In Area 1, Safi'jiiva will drain if its HP drop below 70% and will Heal to full
In Area 2, Safi'jiiva will drain if its HP drop below 50% and will restore 35% of its HP (Only after it performs the first Supernova)
In Area 3, Safi'jiiva will drain if its HP drop below 40% and will restore 35% of its HP
With every drain, all wounded Parts of its body will return to normal, broken parts stay broken.
Every area has an energy Storage of exactly 10000 at the start of the Siege, however energy is drained twice as fast in the upper 2 Areas
Safi'jiiva will only drop down one Area after it has absorbed all the Energy in the current Area. Every time Safi'Jiiva does that, it will restore 15% of its health regardless of energy reserves.
Forcing Safi'Jiiva to decrease large amounts of energy will speed up the fight significantly. Several things will help with this.
Boulder Drop/Vine Trap 5000 energy each. Only available in the first area Elderseal Procs 1500 energy (It is almost impossible to proc Elderseal more than twice. Average and High Elderseal are equally effective.) Major Flinch (Safi'Jiiva moves) 200 energy Part Broken 200 energy Aerial Flash/Sleep/Para 200 energy Ground Flash 100 energy Trips / Completed Mounts 500 energy Attacks while having Enmity 100 energy each Supercritical State entered 200 energy every time. Complete Sapphire Star of the Emperor 500 energy.
Avoiding the Full Party Wipe
In the last area of the Siege, Safi'jiiva will perform the Sapphire Star of the Emperor attack (Supernova) fairly regularly. To avoid a full party wipe, the hunters need to hide behind rocks/crags
- The crags break after every Supernova. Two attacks will generate new ones.
- The first is the Attack where Safi'jiiva shoots a thin energy beam first at the floor and then rising to the ceiling. This attack occurs fairly reliably and can't be flinched.
- Once Safi'jiiva is close to death (skull icon on minimap) and has run out of energy, it will regularly perform the four-hit-explosion attack. At this point, the attack will also cause a few crags to drop.
- This attack can be flinched, causing no crags to drop. The following Supernova will lead to a full party wipe!
- To avoid this, a few things can be done
Avoid the "Desperation mode" entirely
Force Safi'Jiiva to drain all the Energy from the Area fast by triggering the Events above. Safi'Jiiva can't heal without energy in the current area. Then Slay Safi'Jiiva as soon as possible, so it never runs out of energy. High damage is needed for this.
While the active Supernova disables farcasters, you can use one just before it. Safi'jiiva actually lowers its body for a second before it jumps in the air. If you notice this and there are no rocks in the area, Use your Farcaster fast. You just might escape.
Stagger Safi'Jiiva out of the air
The flashiest option, but in no way reliable. You need to use a Flash Pod on Safi'Jiiva while its on the ground or just taking off. Once it's in the air, you can't stop the Supernova. A stagger isn't a guaranteed success however. Safi'Jiiva might immediately go for the Supernova again. To avoid this, stagger it again, deal damage to it in general or execute a slinger burst to get its attention.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Safi'jiiva Master Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Safi'jiiva Carves (all Master Rank)
Safi'jiiva Rewards (All Master Rank)
|Safi'jiiva Cortex||⭐⭐⭐⭐||27% (32% for each part broken)|
|Pulsing Dragonshell (Break Back)||⭐⭐⭐||13% (68%)|
|Safi'jiiva Fellwing (Break Wings)||⭐⭐||10% (68% for each wing broken)|
|Safi'jiiva Hardclaw (Break Legs)||⭐⭐⭐||17% (68% for each leg broken)|
|Safi'jiiva Hardhorn (Break One/Two Horns)||⭐⭐||9% (68% / 93%)|
|Zionium Crystal (Break both Horns)||⭐||3% (7%)|
Safi'jiiva Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Safi'jiiva Monster.
This collection of weapons can only be obtained through the '"Safi'jiiva Siege" event. Safi'jiiva Weapons can have Awakened Abilities by using Awakened Materials obtained from the Safi'jiiva Siege at the Smithy.
Sword & Shield:
Notes & Trivia
- Can't be lured
- When both parts of the name are translated in their respective languages it will roughly translate to: "Pure being imbued with life/power"
- It is the second monster (after Shara Ishvalda) to have a "Switch Display" option in its Physiology and Rewards pages.
- Unlike Shara Ishvalda, however, the two displays are unchanged in terms of appearance - the only differences are the body parts they highlight.
- It is the first monster to have more than one display for listing all of its breakable body parts and their respective awards.
- Since Xeno'jiiva lured Zorah Magdaros towards the Elders Recess, Safi'jiiva most likely lured it towards the Secluded Valley, where it died and formed the Guiding Lands out of its carcass and bioenergy.